Sturgis has missed 4.5% of his XPs and 12% of his FGs under 30 yards | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sturgis has missed 4.5% of his XPs and 12% of his FGs under 30 yards

Huh? Every kicker started as a rookie. What's the difference between him and any other kicker in the history of the league?

Yep. However, it does not have to be the team I am cheering for. I could give a **** if another team has a rookie kicker.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Thanks for breaking that down for me though.

Can people who ask for sources use one of the many search engines available to look up his college stats

Love that method. I'll try it with the next paper I write. I'm not going to provide any sources. It's up to the reader to find where I got my info. I can't be bothered to defend my claims.

guy hits a 58 yarder in game, then a 57 yarder in practice days later. yeah, not sure there are many guys hitting that stuff with accuracy.

Can people who ask for sources use one of the many search engines available to look up his college stats

can people, especially if posting what could well turn out to be misleading stats at least as a courtesy, also past the corroborating link (and can those whose primary response is to whine that it's the responsibility of those to whom this possible "poppy****" is directed, just ST..... errr, keep it to themselves?)

130 of 136 extra-point attempts (95.6%). that's Caleb Sturgis

Dustin Hopkins
202 - 207 (97.6%)

So yes Hopkins had been better on PAT's will do the research on the other claim

Now that they are pros none of this means squat since many a great college kicker has bombed in pros I had Hopkins slightly higher rated but both are great kicking prospects.

Sturgis was hurt one year at Florida but kicked early in the season before being shelved. I think some of the extra point and short field goal misses were during that stretch. He was reliable late in his college career.

4.5% and 12% is nothing at all. Its an insignificant, immaterial percentage that really doesnt deserve a thread topic. If your kicking 25 XP's, thats only 0.7 misses and if your kicking 50 FG's its only 6 misses. Thats making 90% of your FG's and 97% of your XP's. Im not sure the point of this thread is.

FSU's kicker Dustin Hopkins 2.4% and 0%. I am a UF almu and this move really disappoints me.

Sturgis was hurt one year at Florida but kicked early in the season before being shelved. I think some of the extra point and short field goal misses were during that stretch. He was reliable late in his college career.

He missed 2 field goals the season he got hurt then was medically resdshirted. He also missed 2 xp that season.
He missed 3 xp as a sophomore and 1 as a senior

I assume youve never written a college level paper let alone been published for anything. I hope you never have to either.

4.5% and 12% is nothing at all. Its an insignificant, immaterial percentage that really doesnt deserve a thread topic. If your kicking 25 XP's, thats only 0.7 misses and if your kicking 50 FG's its only 6 misses. Thats making 90% of your FG's and 97% of your XP's. Im not sure the point of this thread is.

Actually that stat was under 30 yards .
He hit 79.5 pct of his field goals and 95.6 percent of his xp.
so out of of 50 he would hit about 40 with 10 misses

I calculated my percentage based off the OP's numbers. 79.5 percent is nowhere near good. If that trend continues hopefully we wont stall in the redzone.
Actually that stat was under 30 yards .
He hit 79.5 pct of his field goals and 95.6 percent of his xp.
so out of of 50 he would hit about 40 with 10 misses

He will only get better with his professional career, he now has trainers to perfect his game now that he gets paid big bucks to do it for a living. He has a huge leg...and that isn't teachable! Carpenter from rookie to now was night and day, Sturgis will be the same except i feel way better.

Back
Top Bottom