Sturgis has missed 4.5% of his XPs and 12% of his FGs under 30 yards | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sturgis has missed 4.5% of his XPs and 12% of his FGs under 30 yards

I calculated my percentage based off the OP's numbers. 79.5 percent is nowhere near good. If that trend continues hopefully we wont stall in the redzone.

Yea I realize that u was seeing only part of it , wasn't being a douche.
In his defense he got better each year for most part.
College success many times doesn't translate.
I preferred Hopkins but I like Sturgis quite a bit also

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

He will only get better with his professional career, he now has trainers to perfect his game now that he gets paid big bucks to do it for a living. He has a huge leg...and that isn't teachable! Carpenter from rookie to now was night and day, Sturgis will be the same except i feel way better.

U cant say that he will only get better as a pro because statistically many kickers that were awesome college kickers were major failures in the pros.

THAT, fellow DOLFANS, is the KEY!

The difference between ANY FG Kickers in the NFL isn't going to be earth-shattering as to making FGs: they're ALL pros. But a VERY revealing "stat" is how many touchbacks did your K get you? THAT is what separates the great ones from the good ones. There's a BIG difference between even an 80 Yard drive versus a 70 yard drive.
Actually with the way the rules are set up nowadays (kicking from the 40, only a two-man wedge, etc.), I'd rather kick it three yards deep into the end zone and bait the return man into bringing it out. It seems like most of those returns are stopped short of the 20.

I have a feeling diamondback sturgis will get the job done for the Dolphins this year, hopefully scoring more XPs than FGs.

He should get a ton of kicks this year. Our offense should be able to move well, but stalling in the redzone should be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom