Success is back in South Florida! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Success is back in South Florida!

RichmondWeb

Humble FinHeaven Member
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Power of positive thinking!

I remember when we expected to go to the playoffs every year, and we did. Last year we were very close with a rookie HC & QB, new coordinators and schemes, and an incompetent WR corp. Talent-wise I think we trail NE, CIN, HOU, and DEN in the AFC; of course it is possible to win the Superbowl with average talent (see: Ravens, Giants). Our challenge this year is to develop as a team and build leadership throughout the ranks from the fans to Ross.

That especially means us. FinHeaven VIP's and other respected posters are leaders of the fan base; we must return to thinking positive and having our prophecies realized. Yes we will occasionally be disappointed, but trust me, that is better for our team than being "pleasantly surprised" or "S.O.S.". The team knows what we expect from them and I personally expect a competitive run at the AFCE crown and at least a wild-card berth. I saw a less talented team with new leadership and systems pull together and win games against more talented teams last year and that was very encouraging. Each year there is a team quietly building talent which comes out of hiding to explode onto the NFL landscape, SF 2 yrs ago, and SEA last year, and both teams have positive fan bases with high expectations. In fact up in Seattle they actually track the number of crowd induced false start penalties for the season; think that doesn't get the fans fired up? I think the Dolphins will be the team that explodes this year. And I expect you as fan base leaders, to expect the same; we are Miami, The Dolphins! We kick ass! We are not Detroit. We are not the Jets.

It's 12 wins this year as the team maximizes its talent and resources. I would rather be eschewed for being wrong than settle for predicting mediocrity especially when I have seen the makings of a contending team being built. Let's just throw out the last 12 years of rebuilding and education and start fresh in 2013. We're built. Now let's go kick some ass!

Who is with me?

RW

:hi5:​

I love the positive vibe, but paying for VIP or posting a lot on this message board does not make you a leader of the fan base. IMO. Otherwise, good post.

of course it is possible to win the Superbowl with average talent (see: Ravens, Giants).

I don't think this is the case. Teams like the Ravens and Giants (and the Packers before them) may not have had great regular season, but they all have been long term contenders who happened to win it all when people thought they were underachieving. So it's not like they were genuinely average - they were great teams who happened to bust out of a slump. We haven't gotten there yet.

We need to become leaders of the fan base envisioning prolonged future success. FinHeaven has grown up in the lean years; before the internet came along we were the team to beat in the AFCE and the AFC. We don't need to change the culture, we just need to remember who we are and prepare to be successful. Defend our real tradition, 2002-2012 does not define the Dolphins, it just happens to be the decade of information explosion. Younger fans missed our decades of dominance, 2 losing season in 30 years, 5 Superbowl appearances, history's greatest Coach, Passer, and Team! That's who we are. I live on the west coast but Miami was always on TV here, always in the playoffs, always fun to watch. Put on your pride Dolphin Fans because we are back!

RW

We need to become leaders of the fan base envisioning prolonged future success. FinHeaven has grown up in the lean years; before the internet came along we were the team to beat in the AFCE and the AFC. We don't need to change the culture, we just need to remember who we are and prepare to be successful. Defend our real tradition, 2002-2012 does not define the Dolphins, it just happens to be the decade of information explosion. Younger fans missed our decades of dominance, 2 losing season in 30 years, 5 Superbowl appearances, history's greatest Coach, Passer, and Team! That's who we are. I live on the west coast but Miami was always on TV here, always in the playoffs, always fun to watch. Put on your pride Dolphin Fans because we are back!

RW
We aren't back until we prove it on the field. We COULD be back, but until it happens we have no room to talk. Irrational homerism - which you seem to be fully advocating - does not make someone more of a fan.

Back
Top Bottom