“Suck for Luck” could be key to getting Cowher. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Suck for Luck” could be key to getting Cowher.

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
I am by no means supporting the "suck for Luck" philosophy, but I did find this snippet interesting over on PFT.com.

9. “Suck for Luck” could be key to getting Cowher.The Dolphins reportedly aren’t ready to fire coach Tony Sparano after falling to 0-3. Eventually, however, Sparano will be the former coach of the Dolphins, barring a dramatic turnaround.
And with so much speculation regarding the question of whether a team will deliberately lose late-season games in order to get in position to land Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, there’s another reason for the Dolphins to be tempted to give it a try.
Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is believed to be interested only in joining a team with a very good quarterback situation. We can’t imagine a situation much better than launching the career of Andrew Luck.
Thus, if Dolphins owner Stephen Ross hopes to woo Cowher, Ross will need someone better at quarterback than Chad Henne. Ross possibly will need Andrew Luck in order to seal the deal with Cowher.

Link to source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/26/week-three-monday-10-pack-2/

What was interesting is the rumor that Bill Cowher will only consider a job if it has a great QB situation. I hadn't heard that before.

Double-edged sword that one. On the one hand it removes one of my greatest fears about Cowher which is that he'll think he can get away with a mediocre QB like he tried to do for so long with the likes of Neil O'Donnell, Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart. On the other hand it makes it that much more difficult to get hold of him because if we don't get the #1 overall pick then apparently we're not getting Cowher.

WOW, for a minute i thought this said Suck for Luck is key to getting CROWDER!!!!! LOL

Cowher learned over the course of his career that you need a franchise QB to win it all....he consistently fell short until he drafted Roethlisberger.

I totally get his stance on that.

I prefer gruden eventhough many don't agree. Don't know why he just seems like someone who can motivate a young qb and get on a teams *** when they f up. However second option would be cowher

Cowher isn't coming here, why would he go to Miami? To coach a team full of over rated skill players and work under a GARBAGE GM and an owner who only cares about bringing glamor to his piece of **** product instead of backing it with the substance of QUALITY TALENT?

Back
Top Bottom