Suggestion for Phin Dollars. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suggestion for Phin Dollars.

The New Guy

Starter
Reaction score
I am sure you get a lot of these, but I had a thought for the Phin Dollars.
How about giving non VIP members the option of purchasing a one day pass to view the VIP section. They could see what else they would be able to purchase with their phin bucks, and view some some of the VIP threads. You could make it to where they could only view the threads and not be able to post so you would not get spam. This may draw in some more interest to the VIP section if people could see what they are missing. :D

I'm not sure if that would be technically possible, but I think it would be a good idea. It might induce more people to go VIP once they see the pure amazingness that lines the walls of that forum

Just to address your suggestion, because of the exclusivity and quality of the material contained in VIP, we don't grant "free" previews. You can be guaranteed, though, that it is well worth the nominal fee of $36.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

njfinfan
Finheaven Staff

Technically, it would not be a "Free" preview. Members of Finheaven would have to purchase it with their Phin Dollars. You could set the amount high to encourage more thoughtful post so they could earn the Phin bucks to purchase the day pass. I don't see how a one day pass could do anything but help the VIP section, but I respect your answer.

Thanks for letting me know.

The site can't make money of off Phinbucks.
Dude, its totally worth the $36.00.

Technically, it would not be a "Free" preview. Members of Finheaven would have to purchase it with their Phin Dollars. You could set the amount high to encourage more thoughtful post so they could earn the Phin bucks to purchase the day pass. I don't see how a one day pass could do anything but help the VIP section, but I respect your answer.

Thanks for letting me know.

if you find that you don't like it, staff will refund your money... therefore, you really have nothing to lose..

I dont think its a bad idea, it would more than likely make leave people wanting more. If it were to happen, it should be an extremely high amount (5000?), thus only allowing regular members who make quality posts to use the feature...Im not even sure if its possible though...

The site can't make money of off Phinbucks.
Dude, its totally worth the $36.00.

I understand that, but the idea was to possibly increase the amount of VIP members by giving non VIP members the opportunity to purchase a day pass with the Phin bucks they earn from well thought out post. The thought was that someone who might not normally sign up, might sign up for VIP because they wanted to get more of it.

The site does not make a profit from Phin bucks, but it would not cost the site anything to give a day pass that could possibly turn into a VIP membership which the site would make money on. Kind of like a free sample at a grocery store. The store is not making any money by giving you a free sample, but they are increasing their sales by getting people who would not normally purchase their product to purchase their product because they liked the sample that they got and want more of it. In this case, you would not get a free pass, but have to earn the Phin bucks from well thought out post in order to purchase the one day pass. I would think that not only would it possibly increase the VIP membership, but would also encourage people to post more thoughtfully in the non VIP forums to get the opportunity to purchase a day pass. I am not sure how the normal system works, but I think that the VIP membership expires after a year, so maybe the Mods can set it to where the people who purchase the day pass would have it expires after 24 hours.

if you find that you don't like it, staff will refund your money... therefore, you really have nothing to lose..

This idea was not about me, because I will probably never become a VIP member. No disrespect to the site. I love it and probably spend too much time on it as is. I am just very conscious about where I spend my money, and can not in good conscience spend the $36.00, when I don't send that much to the feed the children foundation. I wish I had the extra money to what I wanted to do, and also what I feel I should do, but I don't.:boohoo:

Um.... I've been trying to figure out what a phin dollar does exactly.

dont you worry about that... you just send all of them to me...

:foundout:

BTW, I highly recomend VIP to everyone. I rarely post in the main forum anymore.

I understand that, but the idea was to possibly increase the amount of VIP members by giving non VIP members the opportunity to purchase a day pass with the Phin bucks they earn from well thought out post. The thought was that someone who might not normally sign up, might sign up for VIP because they wanted to get more of it.

The site does not make a profit from Phin bucks, but it would not cost the site anything to give a day pass that could possibly turn into a VIP membership which the site would make money on. Kind of like a free sample at a grocery store. The store is not making any money by giving you a free sample, but they are increasing their sales by getting people who would not normally purchase their product to purchase their product because they liked the sample that they got and want more of it. In this case, you would not get a free pass, but have to earn the Phin bucks from well thought out post in order to purchase the one day pass. I would think that not only would it possibly increase the VIP membership, but would also encourage people to post more thoughtfully in the non VIP forums to get the opportunity to purchase a day pass. I am not sure how the normal system works, but I think that the VIP membership expires after a year, so maybe the Mods can set it to where the people who purchase the day pass would have it expires after 24 hours.

This idea was not about me, because I will probably never become a VIP member. No disrespect to the site. I love it and probably spend too much time on it as is. I am just very conscious about where I spend my money, and can not in good conscience spend the $36.00, when I don't send that much to the feed the children foundation. I wish I had the extra money to what I wanted to do, and also what I feel I should do, but I don't.:boohoo:

Good observation.

Um.... I've been trying to figure out what a phin dollar does exactly.

Well, non VIP members can use their phin bucks to buy a signature, donate them to other members, and use them to bet on events in the vbBookie Forum. I know VIP members have more options, but I am not sure what all they can use them for. I know that they can purchase things like team icons, and things like that.

I think it would be cool if you could use our phin bucks to purchase Finheaven merchandise. (Hats, t-shirts Ect...) Kind of like the Kool-Aid points some of us collected when we were kids. :D

Good observation.

Thanks!

VIP members can also change there username colors user title colors change someone elses user titles there are like 50 diffrent options in the plaza.

clear.gif

:chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom