Suggestion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suggestion

Peebs

Matchmaker, party planner
Reaction score
The pictures in some of the sigs....
Some of them are so big it takes forever for a dial up person (like me :D) to load a page.

do you think maybe you guys can institute a rule that sig pictures need to be a certain size?

Originally posted by Peebs
The pictures in some of the sigs....
Some of them are so big it takes forever for a dial up person (like me :D) to load a page.

do you think maybe you guys can institute a rule that sig pictures need to be a certain size?

Yes Peebs... in fact we are working on that very thing.
What we are planning is a set limit on signature size, so that the picture will not show up at all if it is bigger than the established limit. That limit will be roughly twice the size allowed for Avatars.
The holdup is this... there is a new version of the software that the board is based on, about to be released. We plan on upgrading when it is... however, when we upgrade, any major changes (such as the signature file size limit) will be gone, so rather than do it twice, we are waiting for the upgrade. Until then, we will, in the near future. ask the members to "police themselves" with the signature sizes, as it's really too difficult for the Staff to keep up with 1700+ members and their signature...

Hope this helps... if you have any questions.... let me know!

Jon

Thanks for explaining Jon, I know there are a few of us dial up dinosaurs left ;) but when a thread has a few pages and with all the HUGE pic's that have to load it takes me forever to open a thread! :eek: Then my ADD kicks in and I get bored and say F-it ;)

Originally posted by Peebs
Thanks for explaining Jon, I know there are a few of us dial up dinosaurs left ;) but when a thread has a few pages and with all the HUGE pic's that have to load it takes me forever to open a thread! :eek: Then my ADD kicks in and I get bored and say F-it ;)

:lol:

I understand completely Peebs... when I'm not at home or work, I rely on a laptop using dial-up... times like those I feel your pain!

How about a checkbox in your preferences:
show/don't show images in signatures?

Whould that work?

Originally posted by Dude
How about a checkbox in your preferences:
show/don't show images in signatures?

Whould that work?

there already is one... in user CP, under edit options, there is place that allows you to hide all user signatures....

Back
Top Bottom