Suggs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suggs

Frayser

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Lee Suggs? Did we just have him for the year? I still can't believe he didn't turn out to be a better NFL back. He was about the only guy in college ball that tore up UM's defense (which had about a dozen future pro bowlers on it) on a regular basis.

I think we played him in one game and then cut him during the season. As long as Ricky comes back, we'd have three capable running backs so its not that big a deal.

Anyone know what happened to Lee Suggs? Did we just have him for the year? I still can't believe he didn't turn out to be a better NFL back. He was about the only guy in college ball that tore up UM's defense (which had about a dozen future pro bowlers on it) on a regular basis.
I had high hopes for Suggs. As a VT alum, I really wanted him to do well and I'm very disappointed that it didn't happen. But, he did have injuries (knee and shoulder) and I think that really hurt his chances.

Suggs played a few games for us (or was at least active for a few games), but was cut a week or two after Morris returned. He didn't play the rest of the year for anyone from what I understand and he is free to sign with anyone. But, regardless, I don't see him coming back at all whether be in Miami or elsewhere.

He played well when given the chance. I think he avg right around 4 ypc, but now we can look at a lot of Saban's personell decisions and we see the mistakes he made. Suggs would have been better down the stretch to spell Morris than Minor did, but it's just one of the countless bonehead decisions Saban made. Y Bell being another.

Suggs is a free agent. does anyone here help me find some good lists of the up comming free-agency. i know it starts march 3rd, but to see a list that is current up to date.I know there is going to be alot of players released so it might be awhile till almost all all teams fimish all there cuts. just like that that giants put 3 players on cuts yesterday.

i liked him in cleveland ...... i thought dat he was pretty good in cleveland when he was healthy

I think he would be a great guy to bring in if Sammie isn't back. In the little time he played for us I remember him playing real well on special teams. Not any smashing hits but always in on the action, good tackler on kickoffs, and I think he is a decent back. The price should be right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Suggs

He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns out of Virginia Tech with the 18th pick in the fourth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He has been unable to play a full season due to several injuries as well as the acquisition of Reuben Droughns by the Browns. On Monday, August 14, 2006, Suggs was traded to the New York Jets for defensive back Derrick Strait, but the trade was voided when Suggs failed his physical,and subsequently returned to the Browns. He was subsequently cut by the Browns and claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins on September 3, 2006. However, he was released by the Dolphins on October 10, 2006. Suggs is not currently in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom