Suh has always been the cancer on this team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suh has always been the cancer on this team

I have no idea what Suh was like as a teammate but it was widely reported that he was never a vocal leader in the locker room. And I think when you're one of the best in the game at your position and you're making the kind of money he was then he owed it to the team to try and take that role. He should have never been signed for the kind of money he was given.

He was a great DT and did a solid job in Miami but the fact is he WASN'T a game changer. Was there any game where anyone can say he won that game for us? He never had many sacks or pressures and he was routinely double-teamed and taken out of games almost completely.

If I understand correctly this will free up $17 million this season but cost $12 million in dead money this year and next. So I'm sure the thinking is to use that $17 million towards 2 or 3 other players at positions other than DT that might impact the outcome of games more. The other option was to give Suh all of that money for two more seasons and accept the fact that he still wouldn't likely be a game changer.

Thats why he was a cancer in the locker room. With Suh at DT we should have been #1 in rush defense. That's why you pay Suh that money.

That’s not what a cancer is. A locker room cancer is a toxic personality who is causing discord among other players through that toxic personality. No such thing has been reported about Suh. It was an incredibly stupid contract that paid him way more than a DT should ever be paid, but he wasn’t a cancer.

Why was he signed to begin with, then? Nothing changed in the evaluation of him while he was here, and you can't blame this on Hickey or Ireland et al.

Why was he signed to begin with, then? Nothing changed in the evaluation of him while he was here, and you can't blame this on Hickey or Ireland et al.

Because Tannenbaum is an idiot. The signing was stupid, but staying in that awful contract is what is called throwing good money after bad.

Interestingly enough I agree with just about all of your post other than the title... Which isn't even mentioned in the actual post.

Some people will defend literally anything this stupid organization does. They could take a dump on your lawn and you'd say 'oh that's okay, my lawn needed to be fertilized'. It's ****ing pathetic.

I have taken the liberty to improve your post. Here is the new and improved version with edits being shown and definitions for some of the big words being included:

Some people will defend literally anything this (stupid s/b ambitious) organization does. They could (take a dump on s/b revamp) your lawn and you'd say 'oh that's okay ( adding for clarity s/b just what we needed), my lawn needed to be (fertilized' s/b re-established). It's ( ****ing pathetic s/b needed this for a long time, and now it is happening!)

Ambitious = having a desire to achieve a particular goal; such as being a competitive football team and getting to the playoffs!

Revamp = to make over; such as upgrading performance by removing impediments to growth (such as players who aren't executing the play that was called) and bringing in younger players for less money and with more of a team oriented attitude, in order to improve those positions that need either better players or players with a different kind of skillset!

Re-establish = to re-make or re-stabilize; such as re-making a team roster by reducing excessive player salaries; introducing younger and eager to learn quality players, while keeping those better players who haven’t priced themselves off the team, and trading away or cutting those who have priced themselves out of the teams salary range based on their position and/or performance!

No need to thank me.

I realized that this is just what many of the posters have been screaming about for the last two years; you just had a few phrases inverted.

I have to wonder. Suh must know he is taking a sizeable pay cut, so why didn't he want to do a pay cut for Miami?

Hey, he is a PROFESSIONAL football player. It's his job. I never heard of him being a disruptive force in the locker room. Not all players are outgoing and alpha males. Some are introverted, and Suh is one of those. In fact, the main reason he is such a beast on the football field is precisely because that was always his one outlet for all of his frustration/aggression. It's a healthy way/place to channel it. I wish Suh the best. He played something like 85% of our defensive snaps, by far the most of the entire OL, and he never took a snap off, he played, was double teamed, didn't complain, created 1v1 chances for Godchaux etc. constantly. It's not his fault they couldn't win their 1v1's. IMHO, he earned his pay.

The problem was that we negotiated too high a salary, one no other team was willing to negotiate. He came precisely because we overpaid him. And frankly, if my job showed up in Miami and offered to overpay me, I'd accept too. When he gives you everything that could be reasonably expected, he earned his pay. It's our front office's fault for miscalculating his worth.

I wish Ndamakong Suh the best. He will always be welcome in Miami from my perspective. Now, if he goes all "Welker" and starts trashing us constantly, that will change my opinion ... but based on what he gave us here, I count him as one of us.

Thats why he was a cancer in the locker room. With Suh at DT we should have been #1 in rush defense. That's why you pay Suh that money.
No, that is not what a cancer in the locker is. Has zero to do with dollars. Had anyone else made a tackle or beat their numerous one on ones this D would have won more games. The man draws far more double teams than anyone in the league and still ranked as the 2nd best DT stat wise since he signed here.

Back
Top Bottom