Suh still out there, come back as a Dolphin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suh still out there, come back as a Dolphin?

I think part of Suh's cut was financial, but also part of the culture change....so no. I don't think Suh was a bad influence, he was just no influence. For someone you pay that type of money to with that many years in the league, you expect more than just playing football.

Wouldn't be the first time someone took a huge pay cut and ended up resigning. He is done with visits for now and milling stuff over so I would assume nothing jumped out at him $$$$ wise. Would you sign him for 10 to 12 mil a year?
A couple of big problems here.

This wouldn't be a resigning. We've cut him and the remaining money on that contract is now dead money. Had we restructured or signed him to a new contract while he was on the team, we had salary cap options. Now we don't.

So, this would be all new money added to the cap. If you think his cap was big before we cut him, then it would be hard to fathom how deep into cap purgatory a new contract for the same player would take us. In fact, you might as well just pitch a fork in us cap-wise. For quite a long time.

Second, no.

We released him early so he is off the books next year, no?
post June 1st designation. 9 million dead money this year 13 million dead money next. Cap space this year isn't available until after June 1st. Spreads out the Cap hit over 2 years instead off 22 million in dead space this year if we just normally released him.

A couple of big problems here.

This wouldn't be a resigning. We've cut him and the remaining money on that contract is now dead money. Had we restructured or signed him to a new contract while he was on the team, we had salary cap options. Now we don't.

So, this would be all new money added to the cap. If you think his cap was big before we cut him, then it would be hard to fathom how deep into cap purgatory a new contract for the same player would take us. In fact, you might as well just pitch a fork in us cap-wise. For quite a long time.

Second, no.

I'm laughing my ass off so hard at the idea of Tbum doing something like this. Sure I know it's unrealistic, but if there's anybody in the league who could do it, it's Tbum.

I'm excited for the Rams if he signs with them. That team is going to be a ton of fun to watch on both sides of the ball and they have a great coaching staff.

Huge sleeper SB team if Goff continues to progress.

Re sign Suh? I like this.

His 26M cap hit was too much. So we designated him a post June 1 cut and therefore save 17M against the cap with a 9M hit of dead money. Pretty sure we could get him for say two years and 34M. Which means his cap number will only be 17M and 9M of dead money. Or 26M.

Oh wait.

can we give him 1 mill this yr plus the 9 mill he gets from us anyway that is 10 mill this yr--- next yr vet min plus the 13 mill ---would that work ???

He's not coming back. He bailed on his visit to the Raiders because he has received a sweet deal from the Rams, and already had good starting bids from the Saints and Titans. What I'm hearing is that he's in a bidding war for his services, and he hasn't signed because they keep making better and better bids. Definitely not coming back to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom