*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ILfinfans85, Mar 12, 2018.

1. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

And now we get to the root cause. Not that there is anything wrong with Suh not wanting to restructure or thinking that it might force Miami's hand so he could find another payday/winning team. Good for him.

But back to the theme of team players, if the team is looking to the highest paid player on the team to TAKE MORE money in order to help out in a tight year, and that player says no, it makes painful decisions a LOT easier. I'm a big Suh fan based on his play and commitment to being dominant on the field. I'm much less of a fan based on how expensive he is and the fact that the combination of Suh on the field and the teams ability to take advantage of him simply didn't come together as one would have hoped.

Time to move on from the 'one super star' player approach and follow the blueprint of most (all?) of the winning teams for the last 2 decades: get your super stars from drafting well, but the team lives and dies on being ONE well oiled machine without any significant holes. And you can't do that playing a player who takes up so much of the cap without showing matching on the field results.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    fininpsl and miamiron like this.
  2. randomname

randomname A True Fan

[​IMG]

EricCartman, Chuck-182 and jason37 like this.
  3. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Bills re-signed DT Kyle Williams to a one-year, $6 million contract.
    the Bills are going to sign Panthers nose tackle Star Lotulelei to a five-year deal when free agency opens.

Doubt they sign Suh unless the Bills are collecting defensive tackles like we're collecting right defensive ends ;)

4. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

We are basically subsidizing Suhs production, one of the top dts in the NFL if not the top DT for another team. Now whatever team gets that present from us should really be happy, wouldn't you if your team scooped up such a talent for such a discount. Really that could be said for the Parker, Ajayi pickups pretty easily. Just let that sink in for a minute. Tbum must have a lot of good ole buddies in the NFL recommending his services to other teams.

5. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

The hilarious part is we restructured him to get to this point. I'm not sure what the dead hit would've been, but nothing close to the current monstrosity.

Give a guy a monster contract. Immediately restructure monster contract so you can afford to make a splash in FA ... for players I can only assume are gone or garbage. Absorb the monster dead hit you negotiated in order to afford more players who don't move the needle.

That'd be some funny **** if it wasn't so horribly depressing.

6. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

We need someone else making the decisions for this team. Come on Ross....pull your head out of the sand and take a look.

Chuck-182 likes this.
  7. Dolphindrew

Dolphindrew Starter

Here's my take on Suh, FWIW. If you take away the hype surrounding him, along with the gigantic, disabling contract, I'm not certain this would be such big news based on his play in MIA. He graded out well, but he honestly didn't seem to make "the big play" as often as you would think. If this was just an ordinary name/contract, I think people would be upset because of how he graded, but I did not see a difference maker in the games, personally. Add back into the conversation the contract he carries.... people.. this is not a bad thing. The original contract is the only bad part of this. Don't get me wrong - not anti-Suh, just never really grabbed my heart as a fan like some other defenders did (Wake, Jones, 2nd half Howard).

fininpsl likes this.
  8. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

That's because they used him wrong, IMO. Whether that was due to personnel or philosophy, it negated a lot of his impact plays. They used him as someone to take up blocks so others could win one on one matchups. We never had other players capable of doing that on the interior on anything close to a regular basis. Not to mention the LB's who could not tackle. We were somewhere in the worst 6 for missed tackles last year.

There was a reason Suh had more than 8 sacks in 3 separate seasons. 10, 8 & 8.5

coalesce likes this.
  9. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins Finheaven VIP

Suh isn't an impact player anymore. The dude has 4 forced fumbles in 8 years. That isn't worth that type of money. Defense was 12th in scoring and 20th in yards before he came and has regressed. Aaron Donald forced 5 the past year. Reggie White forced 33 in his career. Suh is lazy.

10. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

It's some sick cruel joke. Tannenbaum must be trying to ruin us. I mean this is all-time stupid type stuff right now. Cutting Suh two years from now or even next off season was much more feasible. But nope, lets get rid of our best player(s) and bring in so-so receivers to supplant the loss of Landry. Totally fine with Wilson, but not at that cost. Amendola- unnecessary. Bringing in a new rookie TE to pair with the rest of the O seems much smarter

EricCartman, superphin and BobDole like this.
  11. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Would rather see the Dolphins keep Suh for one more year instead of seeing them paying him while he plays for another team. Just bad resource management.

superphin and Ruckus45 like this.
  12. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Bob I believe under the old contact this would have been an "out" year. I think we could have dumped him for something like 8m in dead cap saving the rest. Aponte had him loaded on the front end for two years and then the last two years with his average going down in the middle.

Hi oh Trade low rode into to town and restructured him to what amounts to differed money and now there is nothing you can do that looks like a good option. Next "out" would be 2020.

BobDole likes this.
  13. Fins1971

In Suh's 8 years in the NFL the teams he has been on have averaged 19th in scoring allowed and 18th in yards allowed. Only one of those season was his team in the top 10. And that was the year we paid big to get him from Detroit. After that, not much. You have to do more than just take on a double teams for that kind of money.

14. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin A True Fan

He should go to San fran.

15. BillsFanInPeace

BillsFanInPeace FinHeaven VIP

Kyle on his fairwell tour.

McD uses a heavy rotation at DT.

Notice Stars details havent been leaked yet by the agent. Hmmmm typically points to a very team friendly contract

16. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Hard to believe Suh's fair market value should be $8 million when we just gave some no name slot that kind of money.

daltoninnm likes this.
  17. Chuck-182

Chuck-182 Well-Known Member

Hahaha couldn't have said it better myself

18. phinfan40353

phinfan40353 Scout Team

I think it is worth noting:

TB signed Suh. Gase has final say on roster. Gase is the guy cutting Suh.

I hate TB. But I think we at least need to come to terms that the timing of Suh's cut is on Gase.

EricCartman likes this.
  19. xSxPxHx

xSxPxHx Scout Team

Im a bit lost, are we cutting him before june 1st or after? dont we save more money after?

20. Fins1971

21. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

Another report this morning saying NE wants Suh. Not as much as Brady wants Suh off the Fins squad, haha!

22. weisdolphins

weisdolphins Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

That’s why Patriots are letting most of their free agents walk so they can pay Suh.

23. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I don't see them paying him top money but I'm sure they'll do 8 with bells on.

24. DolfinJohnNY

DolfinJohnNY Well-Known Member

It's already been stated the Jills are planning on offering STAR LOUTOUI (sp?) a 5 year contract. So not seeing SUH in Buffalo & they just re-upped KYLE WILLIAMS for another year. New England? Ewh.

25. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

I think he was originally meant to get like 19 mil as the high water mark of his contract last year? The restructuring gave us a wonderful 27m hit

BobDole likes this.
  26. JKS4

JKS4 Well-Known Member

officially cut... Miami shopped him but no takers

27. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

that sucks, we're going to miss him. He'll last only hours

28. NoblePhin

NoblePhin Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Completely mis-used all star player from day one.

29. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

Pretty clear that he turned down another restructure to force the teams hand.

It's a business and I don't blame him for playing the game. Given his last deal and how another restructure would have killed us down the road, as much as I hate losing his on field impact and the short term pain, I'm really glad we've/he's moved on

30. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

@RapSheet: The #Saints may not be done in free agency. They have interest in former #Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh and are working on bringing him in to visit, I’m told. Assuming that’s the first visit, it’s a good sign for their chances to add top-shelf front 7 help.