Sunday minicamp practices over | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday minicamp practices over

hecr79

NavyDoc
Reaction score
- I watched rookie Dan Carpenter on kickoffs and he does have a booming leg. He drove all but one of his kicks to the goal line and a couple even went out of the end zone.

- The three quarterbacks all got first-team snaps today. John Beck had a couple of nice throws, including one in which he basically got the ball over a defensive lineman's helmet as that lineman was grabbing onto him and the rest of the pocket was breaking down.

The top performers of the weekend:

- Ricky Williams. Looks cut, quick and strong. He is the best player on the team right now. It says something when Parcells gives the player a fist-pound after a play, which he did Saturday.

- Yeremiah Bell. I kidded with him that he looks like Dan Marino out there because he's wearing two ankle braces and two knee braces. He laughed but Sparano called him the "a good quarterback out there," meaning that is the role Bell plays on D. I don't believe he blew an assignment all weekend long.

- Vonnie Holliday. Let's face it, he is the team best DL right now. He is healthy, he plays smart. And frankly, he looked to be schooling some of the OLinemen most of the weekend.

- Ernest Wilford. He is the team's best receiver right now. He catches everything, he knows how to run routes and he knows how to separate even though he doesn't have the greatest speed in the world. My prediction is he leads all receivers in catches this year although Ted Ginn is the No. 1 receiver.

- Joey Porter. I know he was something of a disappointment last year, primarily because his performance didn't match his salary. But was he a bad player? I don't think so. This weekend he spent extra time working with defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni on his pass-rush technique. He told me to expect new things from him we haven't seen before. We'll see.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Also, here is a nice pic:

1. Wide receiver Jason Foster makes a one hand catch:

http://www.miamiherald.com/899/gallery/561769.html?number=2

Back
Top Bottom