Sunday morning camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday morning camp

SECfootball

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this thread, but I didn't see it on the first page.

Gus Frerotte was pretty impressive. Feeley looked extremely shaky out there. It seemed like he put too much pressure on himself. He threw an interception...I forget who picked it off though. Marshall WR Josh Davis impressed me yet again. Wes Welker made a spectacular catch after I think Mario Edwards or Reggie Howard tipped the ball. I don't have much time to type this up because we're checking out of the hotel right now...Ronnie Brown was great. Very good guy, near the end of practice I saw him scanning the area I was kneeling in and 5 minutes later when the whistle blew he threw his gloves to the little girl RIGHT next to me. Afterwards, I got my hat signed by a few Phins, namely Brown and McMichael. And Brown signed my replica jersey :D Great guy, he's all smiles.

Dang, I hope Feeley starts to get into a groove...

Thanks for the report..

bobdroopy said:
Dang, I hope Feeley starts to get into a groove...

Thanks for the report..

I know...trust me, I was rooting for him out there. He just made some bad decisions. I think he has the physical talent, the mental errors were killing me.

I was at yesterday's late session, and I have to say I was impressed. Saban has these guys on their toes, and practicing as a "team". The vibe he has brought is like something I've never witnessed under Wanny. No standing around, and everyone finishing their drills to the fullest. It was very upbeat so to say...

I will admit the OL still has a LOOOOOOOONG way to go. The defense was smothering them most of the time, and the QB were pressured constantly.....

The QB's look decent, and Frerotte has a stronger arm than I expected. He should win over the starting job from Feeley if he continues to improve....

The defense looks great. Rookie DB T. Daniels can play!! He may win the starting job opposite Madison if he keeps up the good work. He didn't look like a rookie out there....

DT K. Traylor is HUGE. I hope he gets into shape, and absorbs the loss of Bowens. He seemed slow, and not well conditioned to the heat down here. There's plenty of time, and I'm sure he'll be fine by the time the season gets here....

All in all, a very impressive second day of TC....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I was there and I saw Feeley throw at least 2, maybe even 3 interceptions. Frerotte looked like he was in command, had a lively NFL arm and didn't throw an incomplete for quite a while that I could see. When the play breaks down Frerotte doesn't panic or try desperatly to make something out of nothing. He looks like a polished veteran next to Feeley and if there was a game tomorrow I believe he would start and I wouldn't mind at all. Sage did well regarding his passing downfield. Ronnie is so big, strong and fast and he catches everything. This defense is going to be very complex and JT was standing up on some plays. Traylor is mammoth, just huge. Wild card will be if Chester can come back. He was dressed but didn't practice. He spent time on the exercise bike. Great pick by Travis Danials. I watched Houck working the o-line which was Carey, James, McKinney, Hadnot and McDougal to start with. He is nonstop teaching technique etc. Sammy Morris had a great catch down the field and the Welker catch had us all screaming and clapping. The team looks focused, into it and crisp.

Thanks for the reports guys. I'm in CA and this is the only place i can get any feedback on how the camps are going. Wish I could be there. Keep them coming as they are MUCH appreciated.

BSQX4 said:
I was there and I saw Feeley throw at least 2, maybe even 3 interceptions. Frerotte looked like he was in command, had a lively NFL arm and didn't throw an incomplete for quite a while that I could see. When the play breaks down Frerotte doesn't panic or try desperatly to make something out of nothing. He looks like a polished veteran next to Feeley and if there was a game tomorrow I believe he would start and I wouldn't mind at all.

good to see that little by little, more and more people are realizing that it may be a good thing to see Frerotte start.....and not "oh man, we'll be in trouble if Gus has to start"

SECfootball said:
I know...trust me, I was rooting for him out there. He just made some bad decisions. I think he has the physical talent, the mental errors were killing me.

He also did better than Frerrotte yesterday based on the blog in PBP, It is early in the process, of course Frerrotte would be ahead. I expect AJ to make mistakes now, it just whether he is making them in the beginning of September that matters. AJ is learning the system from scratch, there is no way he is completely comfortable yet.

BSQX4 said:
I was there and I saw Feeley throw at least 2, maybe even 3 interceptions. Frerotte looked like he was in command, had a lively NFL arm and didn't throw an incomplete for quite a while that I could see. When the play breaks down Frerotte doesn't panic or try desperatly to make something out of nothing. He looks like a polished veteran next to Feeley and if there was a game tomorrow I believe he would start and I wouldn't mind at all. Sage did well regarding his passing downfield. Ronnie is so big, strong and fast and he catches everything. This defense is going to be very complex and JT was standing up on some plays. Traylor is mammoth, just huge. Wild card will be if Chester can come back. He was dressed but didn't practice. He spent time on the exercise bike. Great pick by Travis Danials. I watched Houck working the o-line which was Carey, James, McKinney, Hadnot and McDougal to start with. He is nonstop teaching technique etc. Sammy Morris had a great catch down the field and the Welker catch had us all screaming and clapping. The team looks focused, into it and crisp.

Per your Frerotte/Feeley comments. Frerrotte is like 40, so looking like a vet is pretty easy and has played in this system for what 3 years? Which is longer then Feeley has played in the NFL. I really hope AJ stats to pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom