Sunday Ticket Price | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Ticket Price

i just called direct t.v and said i have been a customer for over 3 years and your new customers are getting it for free plus time warner cable is giving me a better deal for these current channels i have.

her response: hold on please, she checks something and says i can give you 6 months for 33.95 for nfl sunday ticket (6 payments) and plus we can give you 10 dollars off for one years off your bill.

i was pretty much w.e good enough don't need a head ache.

I called the day the lockout ended .. i have The sunday Ticket 11 yrs ... she said they couldn't give me anything off the Ticket ... so instead i got $40 off my monthly bill for 6 mths ( a $240 saving ) and The Ticket to Go ( $50 Savings ) and a free HD DVR ... I was happy with that

I would definitely call and complain. I went through a couple reps but ended up getting $30 a month off for 6 months, free Ticket to Go and free Showtime for 3 months. I might have been able to do better but it's not like I was really gonna cancel it so I was happy with that.

I got it for free and am 1year 4 mo into my 2 year contract. Just asked for retentions and told them comcast was doing a bundle for 59.99, said I got DTV for sunday ticket and I'd stay if they could give it for free like new customers are getting. Came back on the line about 2 mins later and told me he could do that, I did try getting To Go also in another call but was shot down.

Been with DTV since '01, having the NFL Sunday Ticket for that long as well. I called Saturday evening and some guy told me he couldn't do anything with the Ticket as far as discounts, but would give me $10 off HD service for 6 mos and $10 off my sports pack for 3 mos. Told him no. Called back Sunday morning and spoke to someone in the rentention dept and she gave me $20 off the Ticket ($33.95 a month), $5 off my programming for 2 years, $10 off sports pack for 6 mos and 2 mos of free showtime. Told her "sold".

i called earlier today and they said they couldnt do that. i dont get why only direct tv has the rights. the nfl could make so much more money if the allowed other providers have the rights too.

Because the NFL doesn't want cable companies to have the rights. Because then they would lose money on TV contracts with FOX and CBS. The NFL wants a small company like Directv with a small distribution (about 10% of the country has directv) to only have it. If the Sunday Ticket was avaibale to everyone then FOX and CBS would lowball the NFL in contract talks.

Business 101 people

I am in the middle of a 2 year contract. I wonder if that screws any leverage I had.

im also only a year into a 2 year contract. i got 15 a month off for 6 months then 10 off for the following 5 months. comes out to 150 bucks off.
now the lady did say that she had to check my history with them before she made me the offer. but i may call back seeing how much some others are getting. never hurts to try

The NFL currently has game pass for those that live outside of the US, but its still pretty expensive; 250 for the season. If you're a little software savvy, you can install a VPN client like Hotspot Shield which when connected will make you appear as if you're from outside of the US so you're be able to purchase game pass.

Called today and told them I was going to cancel because Sunday Ticket was too expensive and I'm pissed that they are giving it to new cusomters for free.

After refusing their first offer of $20 off per month for 6 months, she said to keep me as a customer they would give it to me for free this year. Piece of cake.

I threatened to cancel due to the economy and also brought the fact they are offering it for free to new customers. I have been one of their customers for the last 15 years and told them I was offended. They start off by offering to give you some type of Sunday ticket on the fly for free. I wasn't interested in that. Then they offer to reduce it by $10 a month. We went back and forth and I endedup settling for $200 total. I know I could have gotten a better deal by at least 20-30 bucks but settled at that anyway. I seem to remember getting it for $180 last year. I'm sure you can do better if you push them.

I did the same thing last year and got it for $180.

Back
Top Bottom