Sunday Ticket Price | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Ticket Price

Told them I signed up with them last year with the anticipation of buying the Ticket once I could afford it (which I was going to do this season anyways), I told them Cable was offering me a better deal for the channels I currently have, and I would take my chances that they would run the promotion in the future. They transferred me to 3 people, and gave me the ticket for free for this season!! I also told them I was sick of showtime and said while I was on the phone Id like to cancel that. So they upgraded my movie package to include starrs and hbo for the same price I was paying for Showtime...Score!!! Took about a half an hour...But totally worth it.

I've been a Sunday Ticket subscriber since 1994! I was auto renewed at $53.99 for 6 months. Called to cancel and they offered Sunday Ticket to Go for free and to reduce my monthly payment by $5. I said that's not enough so they said they can reduce it by $10/month and I caved in (probably could have gotten more). So I'm at $43.99/month for 6 months plus Sunday Ticket To Go for Free. Thanks for the advice......

Just called Direct TV and asked about getting the ticket for free since we are buying a house and will be moving soon. I mentioned the commercial that offered the ticket for free if you move but apparently that is only for subscribers who haven't already had the ticket. The lady put me on hold for 5-10 minutes and offered me 4 payments of $39.99 = $160.00. I little over half off. This was my 3rd time calling so it's hit and miss depending on who you talk to. There's no rhyme to reason so just keep calling back and they give in.

I made my call to Direct TV and spoke with the retention department. I have had Direct TV and Sunday Ticket since 2001. Right off the bat they gave me Sunday Ticket for free ($334.95 savings) and $5 per month off Starz and $5 per month off Showtime for 6 months. So, I saved $394.95 in a 5 minute telephone call. I'm happy!

It cost me same as years before, ~ $128 USD ($1500 MXN).

We have no DirecTV, as it was absorbed by SKY (subsidiary of Televisa, biggest network here in Mexico), but they offer the package. Expensive as hell.

called and complained about sunday ticket price. Have been a customer for about 5 years. They gave me the ticket for 200. A 120 dollar savings plus 10 dollars off my monthly package for 12 months. Would have loved sunday ticket for free but could not budge them any further. If anyone thinks I could do better or has a good suggestion I'll call back and try to work some magic.

Damn, after reading alot of you guys experience, I feel llike I got the deal of the century. I called DTV a couple times and haggled with them they offered me what they offered alot of you, 10$ off yada yada yada, so I called my local cable provider (brighthouse) set up an appt for them to come out and hook me up with cable, I then called DTV to cancell, at this time I really was prepared to cancel. So I called, the guy asked me what the reason was I said cable was just too expensive plus they couldnt budge on the nfl ticket, he said well how about I knock off $100, I said no thats not enough, we haggled some more, he offered me $200 off, I almost took it, but I said no. And he gave up and asked me when I wanted it shut off, I told him in a week. We hung up. About 2 hours later, I get a call from a 1888 type of number, I answer, The guy says "I see here you declined a $200 credit to your account,how would a $350 dollar credit to your account sound? would you stay with us then?" I said YES! that pays for the ticket and 50 extra! I really feel like I got over on them, This never happens to me, so I feel proud. Hope this helps some of you!

I have called them two times in the last three months to cancel.

The first time I was switching to Dish Network. I got a $100 credit on my bill, $20 off a month for one year, DVR service free for one year, and Showtime free for one year.

I just called again last week complaining about new customers getting Sunday Ticket for free. I got a $250 credit to my bill so Sunday Ticket cost me $79 this year.

I call them at least two times every year and they always hook me up. Just be patient and be nice because the first person and sometimes the second person will not be able to give you the moon that the third person can.

I have called them two times in the last three months to cancel.

The first time I was switching to Dish Network. I got a $100 credit on my bill, $20 off a month for one year, DVR service free for one year, and Showtime free for one year.

I just called again last week complaining about new customers getting Sunday Ticket for free. I got a $250 credit to my bill so Sunday Ticket cost me $79 this year.

I call them at least two times every year and they always hook me up. Just be patient and be nice because the first person and sometimes the second person will not be able to give you the moon that the third person can.

Also...do not call Direct TV and simply talk to their regular customer service reps as you won't get much out of them at all. You have to tell the automated system that you want to cancel your service, and then they send you to their retention services people. That's where you get the big deals.

Also...do not call Direct TV and simply talk to their regular customer service reps as you won't get much out of them at all. You have to tell the automated system that you want to cancel your service, and then they send you to their retention services people. That's where you get the big deals.

Yes. These are the ones who can get you the best deals. They are pretty much the last line of defense against cancelling their service. Wouldn't it be great to have someone here that worked or works at Direct TV. That way, they could tell us exactly how to go about it and exactly what to say to get the very best deals possible although it looks like some of us are doing pretty good on our own.

Just this year along I have gotten $710 worth of credits plus Showtime free for a year.

i called earlier today and they said they couldnt do that. i dont get why only direct tv has the rights. the nfl could make so much more money if the allowed other providers have the rights too.
i have read exploits online for this and the number 1 is to tell directv that your landlord will not allow you attach a sattelite to the house. i have yet to try this but i am going to soon i will let you know how it goes. most hdtvs have vga ports on the back for computers to hook up and you can basically have sunday ticket on your bigscreen for the 350 which i think is not a bad deal for a full season of games i would spend that at the bar alone in 4 weeks lol

Always go to cancellations, the are the ones with the power to change prices or give credit, not the reps

called and complained about sunday ticket price. Have been a customer for about 5 years. They gave me the ticket for 200. A 120 dollar savings plus 10 dollars off my monthly package for 12 months. Would have loved sunday ticket for free but could not budge them any further. If anyone thinks I could do better or has a good suggestion I'll call back and try to work some magic.

Threaten to cancel

Back
Top Bottom