Sunday Ticket Price | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Ticket Price

It may just depend on the rep you get. My rep was going to do everything in his power to keep me from canceling. I figured 30.00 credit each month for 6 months plus the to go feature for free was good enough for me. Call again and sound pleasant on the phone. It does work.

I am in the middle of a contract as well and it hasn't worked for me. I am going to call again and try the method described by penthos, but last time i threatened to cancel they told my my termination fee would be close to $250 dollars. If anyone has had success and is mid contract please advise

I just got off the phone with them for the second time. I got $22 bucks a month off of my monthly service bill and $20 off the 6 monthly Sunday ticket payments....basically I am getting it for free and then some. thanks to everyone for posting their info!

Called on saturday and I got it for free and $5 off my bill for a year.. It was a simple 5 minute phone call and saved me a ton of money!

I am mid-contract and I got it for free using Penthos's instructions. Be nice to the rep you talk to and see what happens.

Seems like it's all over the place but I called and got $33/mo for the 6 payments plus $10 off for HD and HBO, Starz and Encore free for 6 months.

It was a lay-down... I spoke to call center in WVA.

Seems like it's all over the place but I called and got $33/mo for the 6 payments plus $10 off for HD and HBO, Starz and Encore free for 6 months.

It was a lay-down... I spoke to call center in WVA.

you can get it for free...

Well, let me make one thing clear, nothing is really for free. They will make you sign a 2 year agreement if you get the Sunday ticket,as they say for free. But you will be obligated to pay them, $70.00 x 24 months = $1680.00. But if you break that commitment, they will charge you $20.00 per month for every month you skipped out on. So let's say, you agree, you use it for 5 months and opt out, with 19 months left, you will owe them $380.00. Which is what it costs to buy.

When the Sunday ticket first came out, anyone could sell it to you and it was $99.00 per year.

d-1

Well, let me make one thing clear, nothing is really for free. They will make you sign a 2 year agreement if you get the Sunday ticket,as they say for free. But you will be obligated to pay them, $70.00 x 24 months = $1680.00. But if you break that commitment, they will charge you $20.00 per month for every month you skipped out on. So let's say, you agree, you use it for 5 months and opt out, with 19 months left, you will owe them $380.00. Which is what it costs to buy.

When the Sunday ticket first came out, anyone could sell it to you and it was $99.00 per year.

d-1

:buzzkill:
Okay, Debbie Downer, allow me to clarify...

You can get Sunday Ticket at no additional charge to your currently contracted rate.

got $120 taken off of the price and NFL to go for free. Also received a $10.00 credit a month for a year

Because the NFL doesn't want cable companies to have the rights. Because then they would lose money on TV contracts with FOX and CBS. The NFL wants a small company like Directv with a small distribution (about 10% of the country has directv) to only have it. If the Sunday Ticket was avaibale to everyone then FOX and CBS would lowball the NFL in contract talks.

Business 101 people

That's fine and everything, but how is Directv a small company? They have 19 million subscribers, which is second only to Comcast.

I just got of the phone i got $10 off sunday ticket, also a free upgrade for my last standard DVR box to a Hd DVR ($199 value)
def a frair deal

Used the recommendations on here and just got Sunday Ticket reduced drastically. Couldnt get them to give it to me for free but thats okay... I am now only paying $148 total when it was about $350. Half off isnt bad. Im sure if I really fussed and finagled I could have gotten it for free too but I am not that agressive. Plus I have a number of people that come over to my house that are throwing in money towards the Ticket so in essense, I will get it free.

It took me an hour of negotiating, but here is the breakdown of the discount I got...after talking to 3 different people:
($50 off One time Customer Satisfaction Credit-Customer Retention)=$50 OFF
($20 off per month bill for Choice Xtra discount for 6 months)=$120 OFF
($20 off per month bill for NFL Sunday Ticket Discount for 6 months)=$120 OFF
(NFL Sunday to to go FREE)=$49.99 OFF

Then they also threw in HBO, Starz and Showtime & Sports for free for 6 months. I am not quite sure the value of that, but I don't care. So I basically got the NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Sunday Ticket to go for FREE. Along with the Movie Channels for FREE for 6 Months.

Again it took some negotiating and an hour of my time, but it does work.

Good luck to all and don't settle for some BS offer.

Sunday ticket is offered this year on the ps3 as well. I think the rate is 339.99

Back
Top Bottom