Super Bowl XLVI Shows the Importance of the NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl XLVI Shows the Importance of the NFL Draft

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Michael Conroy - APMore photos »
6 days ago: New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks smiles during Media Day for NFL football's Super Bowl XLVI Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)

There once was a time where Bill Belichick couldn't be touched. He and his golden boy quarterback were unstoppable on the field, winning three Super Bowls in four seasons. They made a run at perfection and broke records. Nobody in their right mind would question a Bill Belichick draft selection, because after all, Belichick must know something the rest of us don't.
Things have changed, and the so called "Patriot Way" is no more. Tom Brady has masked the fact that Belichick is no longer a master of the NFL Draft. In fact, it's quite the opposite.
After the jump, we'll break down the success of the Giants and Patriots in recent drafts.

stardividev5e9d7f1-1.jpg
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012...wl-xlvi-shows-the-importance-of-the-nfl-draft

The playoffs and Super Bowl shows us the importance every year. To be successful you have to have a franchise QB. Add a relentless pass rush and you're almost unstoppable.

I've been saying Belichick can't draft for years. He's had awful drafts, he trades his picks for players most of the time. What he's good at is free agency.

the Pats started I believe 8 undrafted players, and all the pundits were heaping praise on Belichick, but I was thinking, with all the picks this team has had over the last couple of years, who the hell did they pick that didn't make the team.

Back
Top Bottom