Superbowl caliber Defense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Superbowl caliber Defense

As for the Defense. They are much improved. But still lack a more stout run defense. If they ever figure that out, look out, they'd be a potentially seriously dangerous defense.

Be careful of Rondale Moore. He's certainly talented but he's extremely injury prone. He's missed lots of time over the course of his career.
I'm not a fan of Moore

Curious as to why? Is it the injuries?
I can't say injury because I'm looking for Waddle in the first round to us. I'm still have him on my board, there's just something. Ask me again around draft time.

To be honest I dont know really. Between being an FSU fan and this college season kind of being a mess in general I havent been paying a whole lot of attention lol.
I would probably rank that lower on Miami's list of needs after watching this group's improvement.

Don't pass up talent, but not a big priority.

Just saw a tweet that Keneen Allen said the, “Chargers were afraid to pass.” I wonder if that’s code for our rookie QB was afraid to pass?? He still had a pretty good fantasy day though, if you’re into that sort of thing?

I would probably rank that lower on Miami's list of needs after watching this group's improvement.

Don't pass up talent, but not a big priority.
Agreed, but we’re quickly getting to the point where there aren’t a lot of needs. I say WR, RB, ILB are the only 3 above FS, and ILB is a bit of a toss up I think.

Agreed, but we’re quickly getting to the point where there aren’t a lot of needs. I say WR, RB, ILB are the only 3 above FS, and ILB is a bit of a toss up I think.
I generally agree. This wide receiver class is so deep, I'd take two early. Get a speed guy as a #1 priority, or a complete wide receiver who can do it all. I'd prefer picks 1b and 2b, but obviously depends how the draft falls. The way Miami is playing, there could be four or five wide receivers off the board before the Dolphins second #1 pick. With the Houston pick, if the Dolphins want a wide receiver, they should be in position to get the one on top of their list (Chase or Smith I'd think).

I like how Davis is progressing on the defensive line, but he still has a ways to go. I'd take another DT, someone who commands a double-team. An old-school Tim Bowens type. A complete DT if you can get one at a good value. Wilson from Florida State as a second rounder, as an example --- if he drops that far.

I do wonder how teams will approach players who have opted out. There could be some bargains and players who drop a lot further than fans expect. Nasirildeen from Florida State, who hasn't played in forever, is a high round talent that may end up available much later than expected. That's where I'd look for a safety. Maybe as early as third round, but not before that. Sorry to ramble a bit. I do love the draft!

I think yardage allowed is kind of a dead stat in the modern NFL. Heck, they took it out of most fantasy football leagues years ago (for defenses). Miami is 22nd in rush yards allowed. Atlanta is 6th in rush yards allowed. The difference between them is ~28 yards per game. Meanwhile, Atlanta is allowing over 7 points more per game. I’ll take allowing more yards over more points any day of the week.

I can't say injury because I'm looking for Waddle in the first round to us. I'm still have him on my board, there's just something. Ask me again around draft time.
"Whoever gets the Week 11 call will be getting thrown to the wolves against the Dolphins' elite defense."

:lol:

Yep...I've seen two Irish games. He has the makings of a very good chess piece from the FS spot (size, tackle, cover, centerfielder, blitzing).
I saw the Irish vs G Tech...and I was thinking that same thing about him. He's not eligible to come out for this coming draft though, is he?
I thought he was a true sophomore.

Back
Top Bottom