Superbowl caliber Defense | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Superbowl caliber Defense

Just saw a tweet that Keneen Allen said the, “Chargers were afraid to pass.” I wonder if that’s code for our rookie QB was afraid to pass?? He still had a pretty good fantasy day though, if you’re into that sort of thing?
I saw an article (probably more in depth than a "tweet") that gave me the impression it was the coach that was afraid, not the QB.

Agreed, but we’re quickly getting to the point where there aren’t a lot of needs. I say WR, RB, ILB are the only 3 above FS, and ILB is a bit of a toss up I think.
I know Ogbah is getting it done, but I would still like to see a young pass rusher.

I don't put it as high of a need as I once thought though.

I generally agree. This wide receiver class is so deep, I'd take two early. Get a speed guy as a #1 priority, or a complete wide receiver who can do it all. I'd prefer picks 1b and 2b, but obviously depends how the draft falls. The way Miami is playing, there could be four or five wide receivers off the board before the Dolphins second #1 pick. With the Houston pick, if the Dolphins want a wide receiver, they should be in position to get the one on top of their list (Chase or Smith I'd think).

I like how Davis is progressing on the defensive line, but he still has a ways to go. I'd take another DT, someone who commands a double-team. An old-school Tim Bowens type. A complete DT if you can get one at a good value. Wilson from Florida State as a second rounder, as an example --- if he drops that far.

I do wonder how teams will approach players who have opted out. There could be some bargains and players who drop a lot further than fans expect. Nasirildeen from Florida State, who hasn't played in forever, is a high round talent that may end up available much later than expected. That's where I'd look for a safety. Maybe as early as third round, but not before that. Sorry to ramble a bit. I do love the draft!
Haven't really looked into it, but human nature and common sense would make me think guys with gaurenteed money would be far more likely to opt out, than guys without.

If that is the case, it may not have a huge effect on cuts or player movement.

I know Ogbah is getting it done, but I would still like to see a young pass rusher.

I don't put it as high of a need as I once thought though.
I actually do put it high on our list. I love our blitz packages but it seems lifetimes ago we had a killer YOUNG PASS RUSHER. Can’t depend on Ogbah alone, and forever

I actually do put it high on our list. I love our blitz packages but it seems lifetimes ago we had a killer YOUNG PASS RUSHER. Can’t depend on Ogbah alone, and forever
I agree.

I just meant I see no reason to use the Houston pick for an edge, as I once did.

I agree.

I just meant I see no reason to use the Houston pick for an edge, as I once did.
I’m going back and forth on that pick. DE or WR. I really feel it’s harder to pick a DE than WR, almost wanna take the sure thing there, if there is one or the less risky pick if I may

I’m going back and forth on that pick. DE or WR. I really feel it’s harder to pick a DE than WR, almost wanna take the sure thing there, if there is one or the less risky pick if I may
Personally, I don't like taking WRs that high, though I can understand the thinking of those who advocate for doing so.

Isn’t time though we had our Deandre Hopkins, Andre Johnson, Stefan Diggs
I couldn't agree more. We need to get some playmakers on offense this coming draft. Someone that can help us put points on the board.

I do get the people who don't like taking wrs that high because I get that they aren't a sure thing and could easily bust. But I think this year we got to take a shot at one.

I tell you what: I know he’s small, and I know Miami likes McCain at FS, but if Ar’Darius Washington falls too far into Day 2/3 of the draft, he’s going to make a lot of teams regret not drafting him.

I agree that you add a guy like Parsons and the defense is just about set.....maybe one more pass rusher and a safety. A DT for the rotation but we're very close. New play makers on offense is we could go places.
I really believe in two players Malxom Perry and Bowden jr..

What if those two break out..

Wide receiver..Running back.. linebacker..is what I’m looking at high in the draft..

BPA after that

Back
Top Bottom