Supplemental Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplemental Draft

ShermanMerman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

First, do you see a Supplemental Draft forming this year? And if so, do you see Saban reaching out for LB Brooks much like Manuel Wright. I believe if he would it would be in the 4th rd. My only concern would be is he a product of the system and will only thrive in the Tampa 2 or dungy 2. Do you believe Brooks can thrive in the NFL much like his brother Derrick or will his off-field issues steer us away from him. I beilieve Saban can get his mind set right and get rid of all the drama and distraction but im not sure he can play in our defense. i know he can play i tampa, chicago, and indy simply cause the basics of the Tampa 2. Can he play in a 4-3 or a 3-4 and would you spend a 2008 4th on him?

If his mind is back into football. I had heard that he ballooned up to 270lbs. I actually think he would play better in a 3-4 than the cover 2, he has great size and instincts. Have him play ILB for us, let Zach groom him for a few years before he has to actually play a down. I don't know if I'd use a 4th on him maybe another 5th. 4th rounders seem to always produce for teams at some level. 5th rounders seem more of a risky pick, the make or break players. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him with our 5th.

They run a 3-4 system where he is in colllege I believe. He would be fitting in it.

I think it is a rather big IF as to whether or not the kid will ever get his head on straight. I would be hesitant to use more than a 5th round pick to find out. If he did come around you would get a steal. If he didn't (which seems somewhat likely) you don't get burned too badly.

I would use a 5th im just not sure he last that long, thats why i insisted on a 4th. Sorry mod,forgot about the Draft Forum,... been awhile since the last time i got banned. Please dont do it agian, im behaving now

ShermanMerman said:
Do you believe Brooks can thrive in the NFL much like his brother Derrick or will his off-field issues steer us away from him.

They aren't brothers.......where did you get that??

But speaking of brothers........who thinks that Vince Young will turn out to as good a scrambling QB as his brother Steve?? :goof:

burger13 said:

But speaking of brothers........who thinks that Vince Young will turn out to as good a scrambling QB as his brother Steve?? :goof:

I figured he was, whoops. Steve Yound is tooo Dark to be Vinces brother, come on now

burger13 said:

he will be even better than Steve... isn't Steve just a father figure to him? I don't think they are brothers, could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom