Support For Coach Gase | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Support For Coach Gase

does this post still get made if Charles Clay doesn't drop a wide open TD to win the game and we don't pull off a fluke play that this league won't see for another 50 years? sitting at 5-7...I doubt it.

No, but to be fair, we've had fluke games go both ways this season. I honestly thought the Bengals' two defensive scores were INCREDIBLY lucky. I also thought that Miami outplayed the Colts and probably should have won that game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I agree Miami is very fortunate to be alive after yesterday's game, but the fact is that Miami is alive, and you do need to give the team credit for being in position to actually take advantage of the Patriots' choking the game away.

I have some serious complaints with Gase still, but one thing I will concede readily is that he was absolutely correct about the locker room dynamics and trying to assemble a more mentally tough and football focused team. The last two weeks, that's kept this team afloat.

In my dreams, Gregg WIlliams doesn't get the HC job in Cleveland, Burke is fired, and we hire Williams.

Forget the injuries and head scratching play calls. What would this team be if we had a functional defense that didn't rely completely on turnovers? Do the bears, lions, packers and colts score 27+ on us?

No, but to be fair, we've had fluke games go both ways this season. I honestly thought the Bengals' two defensive scores were INCREDIBLY lucky. I also thought that Miami outplayed the Colts and probably should have won that game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I agree Miami is very fortunate to be alive after yesterday's game, but the fact is that Miami is alive, and you do need to give the team credit for being in position to actually take advantage of the Patriots' choking the game away.

I have some serious complaints with Gase still, but one thing I will concede readily is that he was absolutely correct about the locker room dynamics and trying to assemble a more mentally tough and football focused team. The last two weeks, that's kept this team afloat.

Ir is also fair to say Miami was good enough, IN SPITE of Gase/Burke, to win on a lucky play.

does this post still get made if Charles Clay doesn't drop a wide open TD to win the game and we don't pull off a fluke play that this league won't see for another 50 years? sitting at 5-7...I doubt it.

If we're talking "IFS" and you want to eliminate those two plays, let's also eliminate the plays where Tannehill gets his arm swatted and injures his shoulder AND the "fluke" injury play where Albert Wilson injures his hip. What's our record then IF we don't lose Tannehill for 5 games and Wilson for the season?

One win does not a career make.

And truth be told, this is 2 in a row where lady luck (or good fortune whatever) was on our side

and --- let's be honest --- we could have easily lost BOTH games...

That said, I'm all about giving credit when its due and also holding the HC 100% responsible

for the product on the field. So yea -- when you win that's all that matters in black and white

terms -- so Gase gets the benefit of that. But "coach of the year" at this point is

absurd IMO. Let's see if the TEAM can play consistent ball and if Gase can engineer 3 more wins

against teams that we should be able to compete against...

The good news is we've seen signs of like in the offense. 3 straight weeks with an opening drive TD and 3 straight 100+ QB ratings for Tannehill.

Adam Gase is ultimately responsible for the pass protection.

Responsible is a horrible word to use. If a meteor falls on the stadium that kills some players, Coach Gase is responsible. There is never an excuse for avoiding responsibility.

Absolutely, Game Time is just one of the seven listed above.

One win does not a career make.

And truth be told, this is 2 in a row where lady luck (or good fortune whatever) was on our side

and --- let's be honest --- we could have easily lost BOTH games...

That said, I'm all about giving credit when its due and also holding the HC 100% responsible

for the product on the field. So yea -- when you win that's all that matters in black and white

terms -- so Gase gets the benefit of that. But "coach of the year" at this point is

absurd IMO. Let's see if the TEAM can play consistent ball and if Gase can engineer 3 more wins

against teams that we should be able to compete against...

If Seattle makes the playoffs, Pete Carroll should win COTY.

The two areas from DPhinz list where I believe Coach Gase stands out are Leading and Shopping for Groceries. Please note this was in my post, but not organized into categories.

Responsible is a horrible word to use. If a meteor falls on the stadium that kills some players, Coach Gase is responsible. There is never an excuse for avoiding responsibility.

Meteor hits the stadium would not be Adam Gase's responsibility. That would be a force majeure situation. No one on Earth would hold Adam Gase responsible for such an occurrence.

However, it is entirely reasonable to hold the head coach accountable for the team's pass protection. Let's consider:

1. Adam Gase has final say over personnel according to his contract. Ergo, he picks the offensive linemen.
2. Adam Gase is the head coach of the Dolphins. Simply put, has control of the football team.
3. Adam Gase is directly responsible for approving the offensive gameplans every week.

I don't even understand what the argument is here? The pass protection has been bad regardless of quarterback, and that's on Adam Gase.

Meteor hits the stadium would not be Adam Gase's responsibility. That would be a force majeure situation. No one on Earth would hold Adam Gase responsible for such an occurrence.

However, it is entirely reasonable to hold the head coach accountable for the team's pass protection. Let's consider:

1. Adam Gase has final say over personnel according to his contract. Ergo, he picks the offensive linemen.
2. Adam Gase is the head coach of the Dolphins. Simply put, has control of the football team.
3. Adam Gase is directly responsible for approving the offensive gameplans every week.

I don't even understand what the argument is here? The pass protection has been bad regardless of quarterback, and that's on Adam Gase.
I just hope Gase is in the stadium at the time because that maybe the only way our clueless owner decides to make a change.

This is genuinely one of the most absurd things I've seen written on here.

True.

I hope you realize that this means playing within your men's capabilities. He is also part of a team that includes Grier and Tannenbaum that is tasked with continuously upgrading positions via the draft, trades and free agency.

I have seen good results with most of the drafts since Gase was hired. Free Agency has been a reasonable source of veterans brought in for one or two years to help cover positions that we couldn't address in the draft. The trades have been a limited, but important source of players that helped to stabilize the teams leadership and fill some critical positions. I feel the trades have improved dramatically in the last year or so.

In the end, it is the head coaches job to get the most out of what he has and to make continual improvements to the team by getting better personnel as they are available. Don't you agree?

True.

I hope you realize that this means playing within your men's capabilities. He is also part of a team that includes Grier and Tannenbaum that is tasked with continuously upgrading positions via the draft, trades and free agency.

I have seen good results with most of the drafts since Gase was hired. Free Agency has been a reasonable source of veterans brought in for one or two years to help cover positions that we couldn't address in the draft. The trades have been a limited, but important source of players that helped to stabilize the teams leadership and fill some critical positions. I feel the trades have improved dramatically in the last year or so.

In the end, it is the head coaches job to get the most out of what he has and to make continual improvements to the team by getting better personnel as they are available. Don't you agree?
2017 doesn't look like a good draft right now.

Back
Top Bottom