Support For Coach Gase | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Support For Coach Gase

This is genuinely one of the most absurd things I've seen written on here.

Meteor hits the stadium would not be Adam Gase's responsibility. That would be a force majeure situation. No one on Earth would hold Adam Gase responsible for such an occurrence.

However, it is entirely reasonable to hold the head coach accountable for the team's pass protection. Let's consider:

1. Adam Gase has final say over personnel according to his contract. Ergo, he picks the offensive linemen.
2. Adam Gase is the head coach of the Dolphins. Simply put, has control of the football team.
3. Adam Gase is directly responsible for approving the offensive gameplans every week.

I don't even understand what the argument is here? The pass protection has been bad regardless of quarterback, and that's on Adam Gase.

Ok, everyone missed the humor in my ludicrous response (shrug). The point is a head coach is always responsible. Even if an action is hidden from his view, he is still responsible. What is the point in making the statement?

A more interesting question is there a problem with a given process. For instance in reference to current OL you stated, “... Ergo, he picks the offensive lineman.” I would argue the process in question allows him to pick the best OL from players on the roster at the start of training camp. If he picked the best players from that list at that time given the information available when he made the decision, then there is not a problem with the process to identify the members of the OL when trimming the roster to 53.

Stating that Coach Gase is responsible does not help evaluate because it relies solely on results. However, a statement that the current process for selecting from the pool of available players has regressed or has not improved. That is a very good reason for questioning if Coach Gase will ever succeed.

Last edited:
The Indianapolis and Cincinnati losses sting right now.
Yes, but we should have lost this one to NE and if Charles Clay had caught the pass last week in the end zone we would have lost to Buffalo.
Every team in the NFL has a couple of games they should have won and lost and games they should have lost and they won.

This is what I keep saying. The Adam Gase Dolphins consistently overperform their talent level. If he’s ever given a roster that’s actually competitive, watch out NFL.
At least half of the posters who claim Fins win in spite of Gase predicted no more than 5 wins from that roster... Go figure...

Gase gets credit for the win. The winning play has been practiced Friday and Saturday I believe, for a couple of years. When it was called the players executed it to perfection because it had been practiced so many times.

I also for the record hated punting on 4th and 4 with under 5 minutes left. Why give it back to Brady? The odds of us stopping him were very bad and it was a great stand by the D to force the field goal.

It's been heavily debated here, but I always felt Gase should get one more year at the minimum. Think about how many of his games at the helm in Miami have been with a back-up quarterback. All of 2017 with Jay Cutler (6-10), five games this year with Brock Osweiller (2-3), a few in 2016 with Matt Moore. His record with Ryan Tannehill is playoff worthy.

Plus, Gase does well in the division. He is 4-1 this year and has defeated New England two straight years. I definitely want to see Gase get the offense in high gear as that's his specialty. Recently, the team has started well on offense, which is a good sign.

not getting blown out sunday would be a good start for gase to change peoples opinions of him. We need to keep the emotional momentum and come out fired up and attacking from the get go. We must come out strong from the start against minnesota.

gase has to realize that he has to go for it all here, you have to play to win and not play not to lose...

im not saying start chucking up prayers or nothing crazy but we have to relentlessly attack and down the field, our defense hasnt proven they can stop anyone and theres no reason to be super conservative especially because youre so focused on the turnover differential...

as soon as gase starts realizing a 3 and out is practically a turnover maybe he will understand its ok to take chances down the field.

One thing Adam has going for him is his understanding that the AFC east games are the most important.

His 10-7 record (59%) against AFC east is a welcome site from previous coaches

Shula went 142-74-1 against AFC east (64%)
Coaches between Shula and Gase went 59-73 against AFC east (45%)

Its a start........

I think Gase is somewhat introverted and needs the playcalling to feel useful.
He would rather play xbox himself then watch someone else play.

I gave him my full support at the start of the season. However with his questionable play calling and the teams absolutely pathetic play on the road this season, my support is pretty much gone.

The GM runs the team.
He should see that Gase isnt calling the game well and Burke is a fraud with his scheme.

The GM needs to make the changes or he should be replaced with someone who will.

One thing Adam has going for him is his understanding that the AFC east games are the most important.

His 10-7 record (59%) against AFC east is a welcome site from previous coaches

Shula went 142-74-1 against AFC east (64%)
Coaches between Shula and Gase went 59-73 against AFC east (45%)

Its a start........

They're all important. The AFC East has had two pretty bad football teams for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom