Sure hope OG know what he's doing... READ THIS: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sure hope OG know what he's doing... READ THIS:

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
"Treatment of wrist ligament injuries is very difficult and very often the wrist will not recover completely. The treatments depend on the precise injury and its timing. Once six weeks has passed, ligaments tend to be irreparable and it can be very difficult to restore the bones back into position."

ONCE SIX WEEKS HAS... IRREPARABLE!!!

People! It's not worth it. I say he get the operation he needs. Robert Baker can fill in along with McKnight and Ward.

Here's some more info. I found - good link:

http://www.mysportsguru.com/CDA/Article/0,1093,1-1005-4201-2005,00.html

I think OG is AWESOME and I hate to lose him for this year, but... IRREPARABLE! Screw that!

He's got a decent size contract to sign with SOMEBODY next year (hope it's Miami!).

I agree. Let's all e mail him and let him know that we LOVE this guy, and his healthy is more important to us than anything. I want him on the field BAD, but not so bad that he becomes another McDuffie case.

His Original Gear e mail addy is:

info@original-gear.com

Let them know to forward it to Oronde. By the way, THAT is how he spells his name, in case anyone doesn't know how.

Damn I dont think I can do this.....If later in life he regrets it, he will blame all of us!....I say let him make his own decision....whatever he decides, I stand by it!....if he wishes to get operated,so be it....if he wants to continue playing then lets go kick some bootay!

At CNNSI.COM OG said it was his thumb he hurt. He said he may
wear a brace. It just seems like the info thats out there is all over the place as far as what is wrong with him. I hope he sits out this week and waits to make this BIG CALL.

gadsden has been playing with injuries his whole career. he has never been 100%.. coming into this year he said he plays with PAIN......
i understand your point but you must realize the tradition and tone of the purest of NFL players who have retired.

they all have had major surgeries and scare tissue tears and arthritis and permanant pains in joints and it doesn't matter when you are playing. you worry about now

the best die hards don't worry about the future they live for the passion of the game.

..Gadsden is thankful he even plays in the NFL.. thankful to be given a chance coming from the arena league.

he was never drafted never scouted out by pro teams the way most guys come into the NFL.. he never signed a big rookie contract. he was never spoiled...

He is a die hard , lay my body out over the middle and make that impossible catch, waiting to be hammered by DB's.....player.

I will personally be STUNNED if Gadsden sits on the couch for 3 months watching his teamates on the battle field..... these guys don't take this game like it is a job...... The Zach's and Taylor's and Feidlers and GADSDENs are pure warriors...did you miss sunday nights game. gasden played with the injury .. feidler played with the injury.......HOW??? because their adrenalin is so sky high the injury is blocked out of their nervous system and the swelling hasn't started cause blood is flowing through the injury like crazy.

mcknight is not this tough...... randy moss is not.....

This is the most physical , most brutal , most high impact sport on planet earth and these are some of the most gifted , fastest physical specimens on the planet......collisions of great magnitude exist.

Gadsden can't sit on the couch and watch for 3 months when he has a chance to be part

OF SOMETHING GREAT....

he was their on the battle field sunday night in the enemies den and they came out victorious though bloodied and battered. And they won the hearts of every fan, coach, player and writer in the NFL community......

These guys are heroes right now....... Gadsden is figuring out how to play no matter what the risks are... He is BLOCKING the contract nonsense and the further injury concern..

Can't you read between the lines???????.....

THIS IS MY DECISION he has said......... if it were someone elses they would say man you have to come back to base camp..

He is like F%ck it i want to go back to the front line with my team..

no orande i really think you should come back to base camp and watch your brothers get bloodied and shaken and injured while you sit here on the coach......

wake up people....... some of these veterans think they are at WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Gram, we can't let him become another O.J. I have the feeling that he will re-sign with us next year if he gets a decent offer. We are the team who gave him a chance to play out of the AFL and he seems to love being a phin. I'm emailing! Although I don't think Baker is the best of backups, I believe McKnight and Ward are good enough to fill in for the rest of the year.

Originally posted by zsonka
gadsden has been playing with injuries his whole career. he has never been 100%.. coming into this year he said he plays with PAIN......
i understand your point but you must realize the tradition and tone of the purest of NFL players who have retired.

they all have had major surgeries and scare tissue tears and arthritis and permanant pains in joints and it doesn't matter when you are playing. you worry about now

the best die hards don't worry about the future they live for the passion of the game.

..Gadsden is thankful he even plays in the NFL.. thankful to be given a chance coming from the arena league.

he was never drafted never scouted out by pro teams the way most guys come into the NFL.. he never signed a big rookie contract. he was never spoiled...

He is a die hard , lay my body out over the middle and make that impossible catch, waiting to be hammered by DB's.....player.

I will personally be STUNNED if Gadsden sits on the couch for 3 months watching his teamates on the battle field..... these guys don't take this game like it is a job...... The Zach's and Taylor's and Feidlers and GADSDENs are pure warriors...did you miss sunday nights game. gasden played with the injury .. feidler played with the injury.......HOW??? because their adrenalin is so sky high the injury is blocked out of their nervous system and the swelling hasn't started cause blood is flowing through the injury like crazy.

mcknight is not this tough...... randy moss is not.....

This is the most physical , most brutal , most high impact sport on planet earth and these are some of the most gifted , fastest physical specimens on the planet......collisions of great magnitude exist.

Gadsden can't sit on the couch and watch for 3 months when he has a chance to be part

OF SOMETHING GREAT....

he was their on the battle field sunday night in the enemies den and they came out victorious though bloodied and battered. And they won the hearts of every fan, coach, player and writer in the NFL community......

These guys are heroes right now....... Gadsden is figuring out how to play no matter what the risks are... He is BLOCKING the contract nonsense and the further injury concern..

Can't you read between the lines???????.....

THIS IS MY DECISION he has said......... if it were someone elses they would say man you have to come back to base camp..

He is like F%ck it i want to go back to the front line with my team..

no orande i really think you should come back to base camp and watch your brothers get bloodied and shaken and injured while you sit here on the coach......

wake up people....... some of these veterans think they are at WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's nice and all but the point is he is in his last year of his contract...... period! Otherwise he'd be having the surgery. As a matter of fact his agent is the one who urged him to make this decision. Imagine that!

I love Gadsden, he is tough, we all know that. But his toes are already screwed from football, his wrist, or thumb, is next? We are all so willing to send an injured player out there to further damage his body for the glory of a game.

Everyone has to make their own decisions, and I am not going to come down on those of you who don't care about the player, only the game, but maybe think about it a little more.

I agree 87. If we lose a game we would have one if we had OG, so be it. I prefer to have him healthy than win a lousy game. Granted I want a Super Bowl more than anyone else, but I wouldn't want it at the cost of one of my favorite players......

Back
Top Bottom