Surfers 2005 Dolphin Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surfers 2005 Dolphin Mock

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
This meager exercise in draft prognostication is worth about us much as a Football signed by Dave and Jan Wannstadt. Still, Im not so much looking for compliments or rips as I just had to get this out of my system. All comments are welcome and appreciated :o

(For what its worth, I called Vernon Carey last year in my Doomsday Mock)

1.7 (from Minnesota for #2) RB Caddilac Williams - While the Vikes jump ahead of the Bears and Browns to get Braylen Edwards, we drop down a few spots and take the last of the three big RB's. Cedric Benson could also be the pick here if hes available. Either one fills our greatest need of finding a capable, potentially dominating ball carrier. To those that are interested, I guess the Vikes throw in another mid round pick next year to complete the deal.

1.18 (from Minnesota for #2) DE/DT Marcus Spears - I can see him dropping to #18 since hes a bit of a tweener and doesnt do any one thing in a dominant fashion. What, you dont think he will fall to 18? I can see the top 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4 WR's, 3 DL, 1 LB and 3 DB's all being drafted before him. Nick likes him beacuse he can play both DL and DT, and we need to get younger along the front four. Combined with out FA acquisitions, our DL is once again a team strength. We can go for a Safety or even a WR like Mark Clayton here, but ultimately Saban cant pass up the value of drafting his former player.

2.15 (From KC Surtain) Brodney Poole. FS, Oklahoma. Saban recruited him out of high school, and he fills a dire need in the secondary. He has a good size/speed combo and may be able to come in and start. Like Spears, he may not last this long, but coverage safeties have a way of falling come draft day.

3.5 Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida St. - The wildcard of the Dolphins draft. Aside from being a mouth-watering prospect, he's the best compromise for an Organization that hasnt decided what direction to take with regards to the QB position. By Picking AM, Saban does the smart thing - he hedges his bet on Feeley with a mid-round signal caller that possesses the ceiling of a high round, blue-chip prospect. Feeley, Ferrotte and Mcpherson give Saban/Linehan three intriguing QB options - A) the young, developing incumbent, B) the seasoned vet, C). the high risk/high reward guy.

4 Ben Wilkerson, C, LSU - This is the second LSU player Saban drafts, and he solidifies the interior of the line. A starting five of Carey, Jeno, Wilkerson, Hadnot and McDougle looks much better than last years bunch.

5 Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton. Im think that Saban will look to complement his WR corps with a small, quick receiver in the mold of protypical Bellicheckian receiver (Patten, Branch, T Brown, Bethel, Ward, etc). At 5 ft 11 with 4.31 speed, Mathis will give the offense another weapon and a different look than Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Gilmore.

5 (from KC Surtain) Kelvin Hayden, DB, Illinois - We need a fifth corner if/when Surtain is traded. Its anybody's guess who Saban likes here. My guess is that he wont take one of the late round prospects with blazing speed and questionable cover skills - I imagine hed be more interested in a more well rounded player that he can coach to his liking. Is that Hayden? We shall see.

7 Khari Long DE/LB Baylor. On the second day, my guess is that we will look for multi-purpose guys that can play multiple positions. Long is one of those guys.

So? Does it suck? :lol:

I like it alot...cept theres a couple things i'd change...one thing Jerome Mathis is a lock for day one and probobly the 2nd round not 5th...also with the 18th i'd rather draft Thomas Davis...we already upgraded the defensive line enough through free agency doubt we'll use any high picks on any more

That is my favorite mock I have seen yet, waht the chances are it will happen, probably not too good. But I want Caddy/Mcpherson/later WR combo! and Spears would just be a big plus! If for some reason Pool wasnt there, I would want Atri Bigby in the later rounds, I would go crazy if that were all to happen!!!

That would be great to get that trade. I sure hope that it happens.

Nice job!!! I don't think much of AM but what do any of us really know?

knight6jb said:
That is my favorite mock I have seen yet, waht the chances are it will happen, probably not too good. But I want Caddy/Mcpherson/later WR combo! and Spears would just be a big plus! If for some reason Pool wasnt there, I would want Atri Bigby in the later rounds, I would go crazy if that were all to happen!!!

Unite Dolfans! Keep it coming! :lol:

(thx dude)

Surferosa said:
5 Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton. Im think that Saban will look to complement his WR corps with a small, quick receiver in the mold of protypical Bellicheckian receiver (Patten, Branch, T Brown, Bethel, Ward, etc). At 5 ft 11 with 4.31 speed, Mathis will give the offense another weapon and a different look than Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Gilmore.

Unless there's some off field issue that teams are made aware of I don't see any chance of Mathis being there in the 5th round. He could go as high as the 2nd round and I don't see him lasting past the first dozen selections in the 4th round.

This has got to be the most best mock i have seen on here. But i dont know if Wilkerson will make it to the 4th round though.

Excellent mock Surfer,I would be thrilled to land Caddy,Spears,Pool and Mac with our 1st four picks.

P.S. I have long been a lurker here at FH,but have decided to become active in this forum with my Fin bretheren.......

Fintimtc :)

fintimtc said:
Excellent mock Surfer,I would be thrilled to land Caddy,Spears,Pool and Mac with our 1st four picks.

P.S. I have long been a lurker here at FH,but have decided to become active in this forum with my Fin bretheren.......

Fintimtc :)

Thanks for the compliment, and welcome aboard.

I like it... awesome first day, and nice pick with wilkerson.

I just fail to see what some of you see in McPherson. This is a quarterback whose highest career completion percentage at FSU was 51.8%. He has not shown that he can throw accurately or read the field. Something tells me that some fans are hot for him because he can run.

i agree i dont see how anyone could complain with this. even if you against McPherson which i a not, we could go orton or another pick there

Buddwalk said:
I like it alot...cept theres a couple things i'd change...one thing Jerome Mathis is a lock for day one and probobly the 2nd round not 5th...also with the 18th i'd rather draft Thomas Davis...we already upgraded the defensive line enough through free agency doubt we'll use any high picks on any more

i have been saying that all along...it would be a mystery to see him drop till the third....god knows if we have a second rounder. we should take him if we go RB in the first

KB21 said:
I just fail to see what some of you see in McPherson. This is a quarterback whose highest career completion percentage at FSU was 51.8%. He has not shown that he can throw accurately or read the field. Something tells me that some fans are hot for him because he can run.

Ive been on the McPherson bandwagon since I saw him play in HS, the kid is a phenom on the field, he can do it all. I do like QB's with some wheels, but this kid has a rocket arm, and all the mechanics of a good QB. I think he could be a definite steal in this draft. You can go back to my posts a long time ago and I have been saying he willbe a good pick months and months ago. I do agree his experience are a little scary, but I have seen him in person and all throughout his day HS, short time at FSU, and AFL.... and I just like everything I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom