Surprise at 5... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprise at 5...

Great question @illscriptures ! I'm a little out of the mainstream, but I would pick Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, whichever the Team deems fits us the best. Jeudy has the Steve Largent/Jerry Rice level route running to really dominate in a precision passing game. Lamb is the modern big WR with elite RAC skills to turn a simple crossing route into a huge gain. Sure, most people will say LT, and that's not a bad selection, but we always screw up OL, and none of those OL are sure things except Andrew Thomas ... and frankly I'd rather get him in the 12-15 range. The chances of any other top tier LT busting is actually fairly high, and I just don't like the Dolphins odds, since we're the bustingest OL team in the league. But WR's, yeah, I think those guys can be special, and both have low bust-potential. If we don't get a QB, why not get a young dominant WR1 to pair with him when we do? The Dolphins drafted Mark Duper the year before they drafted Dan Marino, and that worked out pretty well.

I would take Okudah, then try to include X in a trade for another top 15 pick, in which I would go after a Tackle or Kinlaw....

Okudah replaces X.....we get rid of the contract of X with Okudah being on a rookie contract....and still add a Tackle or Kinlaw.....

I know you included no trade downs, but that is probably the direction I would actually take

Derrick Brown

Browns impact on our line probably has an even more effect on the secondary than an outstanding player as Okudah. Browns impact can also elevate the play of a good DB into being a notch better due to His added pressure and impact on opposing QB's. And thats not even mentioning his effect on the running game.
He'd make our Defence elite IMO. Okudah also exceptional but IMO Brown would be much more impactful.
That would be my pick as well. Absolutely dominant. Brown would help take the defense to another level.

I like Wirfs a lot. but he's not at Brown's level IMO.

I’m good with Derrick Brown too.

Trading down for 2021 picks would be my objective. Rare situation where someone could trade up and get an additional pick this year without surrendering anything in this draft.

An extra 1st and 2nd next year would absolutely be my agenda, in addition to the ones we already have.

If Tua is gone, Simmons, and Chase Young are gone and we do not trade down. Which non-QB player would you be ok with taking at #5?

Personally, I would go with Tristan Wirfs but try to trade down if there is anything good on the table.
In that scenario it's likely no one is trying to trade up.

There is a lot of talent in this draft. There is always someone wanting to trade up.

Brown gets my vote. Love a DL that creates havoc in the opposing team's backfield. Even the best QBs struggle when pressure is coming up the middle.

That would be my pick as well. Absolutely dominant. Brown would help take the defense to another level.

I like Wirfs a lot. but he's not at Brown's level IMO.

For what its worth, been hearing lately that the powers that be in the organization are really liking Wills out of the OL guys we have a shot at. Personally I think any one of those top 5 or six including Josh Jones would be a valuable addition.

Great question @illscriptures ! I'm a little out of the mainstream, but I would pick Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb, whichever the Team deems fits us the best. Jeudy has the Steve Largent/Jerry Rice level route running to really dominate in a precision passing game. Lamb is the modern big WR with elite RAC skills to turn a simple crossing route into a huge gain. Sure, most people will say LT, and that's not a bad selection, but we always screw up OL, and none of those OL are sure things except Andrew Thomas ... and frankly I'd rather get him in the 12-15 range. The chances of any other top tier LT busting is actually fairly high, and I just don't like the Dolphins odds, since we're the bustingest OL team in the league. But WR's, yeah, I think those guys can be special, and both have low bust-potential. If we don't get a QB, why not get a young dominant WR1 to pair with him when we do? The Dolphins drafted Mark Duper the year before they drafted Dan Marino, and that worked out pretty well.
Not a bad idea, but do you think Miami could trade down a few spots and still get one of those guys? I think #5 is too high.

If I can't have Tua/Burrow/Young at 5 then I am taking Brown or trading down.

I like the top 4 OT's but only Becton has the potential to be All World and that is no sure thing.

Jeudy is going to be GREAT but you just don't need gerat WR's.

Back
Top Bottom