Surprise cause for Dolphins’ disinterest in Jadeveon Clowney | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprise cause for Dolphins’ disinterest in Jadeveon Clowney

NEVER wanted him on the team to begin with, and certainly don’t want him now. I wanted draft picks from Houston. He did us the biggest favor ever by vetoing that trade!

I disagree...

Who is in the lower rounds (5-7) that is worth grooming?

Would that person produce better than Clowney?

Would that person have more total snaps than Clowney?

After one year is up, does that player have the same value on the FA market as Clowney would have?

I can name you a few we dan draft in round 3. Jason Taylor was drafted in what round out of akron?

I can name you a few we dan draft in round 3. Jason Taylor was drafted in what round out of akron?
IDK when Taylor was drafted. I am curious about the rd 3 edge guys who could be groomed to be better than Clowney and who are worth more than him....

Clowney aint no one. Deion Jordan 2.0
It's official now...

You're blatantly hating on the guy now for no other reason I can see except he offends some form of sensibility you have.

Clowney while talented has never been a double digit sack guy. He's rarely, If ever, played a full season and he seems to care more about his bank account then putting in the full effort to reaching his potential.

To blame a coaching philosophy and coaches for not wanting to play for a team, is of course his entitled opinion. But, not a smart one. He's going to get PAID, once again. So in essence he's exploited a system that rewards players of his nature.

Brian Flores believes in his ability to coach players to the best of their ability. Too bad Clowney can't see it, for what it's worth. Good Luck and Adios!!!

This is old news, I heard about this a couple of years ago. This was from 2019.
Long-time Texans insider John McClain of the Houston Chronicle recently wrote about the Texans’ quest to trade Clowney after he fell out of favor in their long-term plans, and included a tidbit about his discomfort at the prospect playing under Flores.

“Why? A large part of that is because Clowney didn’t want to play for a rebuilding or non-contending team, hence the Seahawks and Philadelphia Eagles being his favored destinations. Another is that he didn’t want to play for head coach Brian Flores, who is a disciple of Bill Belichick and the New England PatriotsClowney also didn’t want to play for new Dolphins coach Brian Flores, who left New England for Miami. Clowney wasn’t interested in playing for another Bill Belichick disciple after spending five years with O’Brien.
The Texans gave the Dolphins permission to meet with Clowney, but Flores couldn’t change his mind.”

He is a major disruptor on the field but that's the problem, he has a hard time staying on the field. He didn't want to come here anyways so I won't lose any sleep over us not signing him.
He has the potential to be a major disruptor on the field, but he doesn't always want to be one, and he doesn't always want to be on the field. He's just not motivated.

Always thought he would be an excellent fit for our defense....turned us down twice and coming back from injury so good luck in Cleveland you will need it.
He will be on another one year contract and playing for new team next year.

Back
Top Bottom