Surprise Cuts of 2014 Dolphins Training Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprise Cuts of 2014 Dolphins Training Camp

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but based on some facts.

Rishard Matthews - Armon Binns will beat him and we keep 6 WR including Thigpen

Will Davis & Walt Aikens - They are not good enough and Jalil brown will make this team.

Phillip Wheeler - Jelani Jenkins will beat him and we will not keep him as a backup with his salary

Dion Sims - I think we keep 3 or 4 TE's and Clay, Egnew, Arthur Lynch have better upside than Sims in this new offense. Harold Hoskins has been impressive in OTA's... Competition at TE will be fierce and fun to watch

NoShow Moreno - He needs to have a near perfect camp to make this team. Denver released him for a reason even after a Superbowl run.

---------------------------------

If we go younger - Very surprising cut

Matt Moore - They might want to stick around with Devlin and Jensen... I doubt this will happen but there is a possibility.

I could see a receiver getting cut though I think it is wrong. I do not think any of your list gets the ax.

All those would be surprise cuts IMHO opinion, but I think there will be other surprise cuts instead.

Can't understand the Knowshon hate... I'd say Miller has to have a perfect camp and Moreno's knee needs to be much worse than everyone is letting on for there to even be a remote possiblity of Moreno getting the axe. If healthy Knowshon is our starter.

I don't see us cutting our third and fourth round picks from the past two years for Jalil Brown. Not to mention cutting them two leaves us only with 4 corners really in Grimes, Taylor, Finnegan and Brown.

Yeah I agree on Moreno. Seems like the classic case of Finheaven posters putting too much stock in OTA's. Moreno is the most productive back on our roster and can block and catch. A knee scope should be no big deal either. If he tanks in camp/ preseason maybe we can be a little worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree with the majority of your list, but as your said, I guess it would be a surprise.

Yeah I agree on Moreno. Seems like the classic case of Finheaven posters putting too much stock in OTA's. Moreno is the most productive back on our roster and can block and catch. A knee scope should be no big deal either. If he tanks in camp/ preseason maybe we can be a little worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even then I would expect them to be patient as he "works his way into shape". I think they want his vet presence to influence the young'ns, especially in pass protections.

We take a bigger cap hit by cutting Wheeler rather than keeping him.

Will Davis and Dion Sims could both be cut. Neither would shock me. Lets see how Davis gets on with another offseason and how Sims fits the new scheme. I wouldn't be confident though.

Knowshon was not released by the Broncos, he was a Free Agent.

This is just my opinion but based on some facts.

Rishard Matthews - Armon Binns will beat him and we keep 6 WR including Thigpen

Will Davis & Walt Aikens - They are not good enough and Jalil brown will make this team.

Phillip Wheeler - Jelani Jenkins will beat him and we will not keep him as a backup with his salary

Dion Sims - I think we keep 3 or 4 TE's and Clay, Egnew, Arthur Lynch have better upside than Sims in this new offense. Harold Hoskins has been impressive in OTA's... Competition at TE will be fierce and fun to watch

NoShow Moreno - He needs to have a near perfect camp to make this team. Denver released him for a reason even after a Superbowl run.

---------------------------------

If we go younger - Very surprising cut

Matt Moore - They might want to stick around with Devlin and Jensen... I doubt this will happen but there is a possibility.

I'd be shocked if Sims gets cut. Wheeler would also be a shock considering you would be looking as $10M in dead cap money. Knowshon Moreno did not get cut by Denver.

I don't think we will see any shocking cuts this year. Philbin already got rid of the players he didn't want, and we are heading into this season with our top 53 guys pretty much set imo. We may see some tinkering at the bottom of our roster, but for any real changes to be made its going to take sigining another starter from another team.

i dont see any of those things happening. Mathews was too good to just get cut, Bins over thigpen maybe but i see both getting cut though.

Why would we draft a guy in the 4th to cut him a few months later? and why cut Davis when we havent seen him healthy on the feild yet?

Wheeler is not getting cut, he would have already if he was going to, cap hit is stupid high if they try and cut him.

I dont see sims as the odd man out, Hoskins wont make the 53 but look to see him on the practice squad.

Knowshown depends on his recovery time. On a one year deal no reason the keep him if he out half the year but if he is good to go i doubt he gets cut.

Back
Top Bottom