Surtain 4 Larry J ??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain 4 Larry J ???

Schleprock said:
or perhaps people should use some common sense??

bandwidth and storage isn't free, maybe all these folks would like to chip in to the site owners for all their ridiculous threads? There's a logical line between making a thread that is realistic, and one that is a waste of space.
Or some people need more fiber in their diet...

Ease up. We are in the slow off-season. Not a lot new to talk about. If you don't like the tread don't read it. If there was a lot other news out there then fine, but there is not so what is the harm in posting hypothetical ideas.

dolfreak said:
The Chiefs are still in the PAT SWEEPSTAKES......so If the Chiefs were to offer LARRY JOHNSON straight up for SURTAIN.....would u do it? Personally I wouldn't but at the same time it doesn't look THAT bad. He could fill our RB need giving us room to draft one of the top 2 WR's or top 2 QB's. This is just a hypothetical question so don't start posting vulgarities.

AHHHHHH??? NO

This isn't all that bad. I wouldn't do it straight up, but I'm pretty sure we could squeeze next years 3rd or maybe even a second from KC. That I would do in a sec.

One, we're running out of suitors for Surtain. Nobody wants to give him all that guaranteed money and the pick. We have no leverage here, we can only lower our demands. The LJ deal would be conforming to lowering our demands but we get a nice young prospect in return and probably a third next year.

And two, we might get Ricky back. If this happens, I don't want to spend our #2 on a RB. I'd rather us draft a RB later in the draft in case Ricky goes nuts again OR trade for LJ. With a backfield of Ricky Williams, Larry Johnson, and Lamar Gordon we could definately mount an effective rushing attack. Plus, we have the king of running back by committee as our OC.

Just think, Feeley/Frerotte at QB with a young Alex Smith learning all year. RW, LJ and LG sharing the load and Chambers, Booker and McMichael.

OR

Feeley/Frerotte
RW/LJ/LG
Chambers, Booker, McMichael and Edwards or Williams.....

I like the trade this people are insane, Phillip Rivers hasnt done anything on the league yet and they would surely give up Surtain and next years 1st for Rivers but not a straight trade for the guy who rushed for 2,000 yards in a season in college? He is surely unproven but so are the backs in the draft, if we could snatch LJ for a possible cap casualty like Surtain I would be doing cartwheels.

LJ and a draft pick would be a good trade for us. LJ has never been givin a shot, and when he has he's done well. He's still very young as well. Then we could draft a QB with our pick and we'd be in great shape.

Pat and a 3rd is a no brainer. Remember we're keeping Madison. It isn't like the Portis/Bailey trade at all. The redskins lost the only STUD CB they had (bailey). We would only lose 1 of 2.

Joey 22 said:
I like the trade this people are insane, Phillip Rivers hasnt done anything on the league yet and they would surely give up Surtain and next years 1st for Rivers but not a straight trade for the guy who rushed for 2,000 yards in a season in college? He is surely unproven but so are the backs in the draft, if we could snatch LJ for a possible cap casualty like Surtain I would be doing cartwheels.

I agree. Also all the people who say he is a product of the O-line, I can say the same about Lamont jordan. It seems like a similar scenario and there were plenty of threads about him.
LJ is behind one of the top 3 backs in the league and filled his shoes nicely. Saying he isnt worth Surtain is one thing. Saying he isn't worth anything? you just don't know anything about football.
Vermiel is keeping him so this conversation is moot anyway.

ChambersWI said:
No. I'd gladly take LJ, but not straight up. Unlike the Portis/Bailey trade, LJ has not rushied for atleast 1300 yards each season he's been in the league. The would have to offer more than just LJ for Pat.

And then again, Surtain is not a Champ bailey, either.

Schleprock said:
It's r3tarded...and I think that is a solid general consensus, and obvious!

Thanks for giving our consensus opinion. :shakeno:

And on your other post about bandwidth. You did a good job saving the webmaster money by POSTING IN THE THREAD. :confused:

DeDolfan said:
And then again, Surtain is not a Champ bailey, either.

This is the most stupid post i've read. Surtain might be even better than Bailey according to people. Bailey has had many injuries, Surtain has had MANY INT's. I believe Surtain has the most INT's for active players the last 7 years

LJ's 7 carry 104 yard two touchdown game was really unimpressive IMO.

dolfreak said:
This is the most stupid post i've read. Surtain might be even better than Bailey according to people. Bailey has had many injuries, Surtain has had MANY INT's. I believe Surtain has the most INT's for active players the last 7 years

you are adding to it....

we will lose him next year....for sure.

we need to get compensation for him if at all possible because we will not recieve anything after next year. the market is changing for CB's and a Champ Bailey trade isn't likely anymore.

dolfreak said:

How many he have last year?
Im not devaluing Surtain, I think he is one of the top CB's, but getting LJ and a 3rd or 4th is a good deal. Nobody wants an aging cb who wants too much money except the chiefs.

Back
Top Bottom