Surtain 4 Larry J ??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain 4 Larry J ???

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
The Chiefs are still in the PAT SWEEPSTAKES......so If the Chiefs were to offer LARRY JOHNSON straight up for SURTAIN.....would u do it? Personally I wouldn't but at the same time it doesn't look THAT bad. He could fill our RB need giving us room to draft one of the top 2 WR's or top 2 QB's. This is just a hypothetical question so don't start posting vulgarities.

No. I'd gladly take LJ, but not straight up. Unlike the Portis/Bailey trade, LJ has not rushied for atleast 1300 yards each season he's been in the league. The would have to offer more than just LJ for Pat.

STRAIGHT UP???? ARE YOU KIDDING??? NO WAY. I would much rather keep Surtain, or try to restructure his deal.

no. LJ is more worth a 6th rounder, maybe 5th. what he had 2 good games? behind an o line that i could have a 2k yd season?

i just want something to happon....if we are asking for a second....i would take LJ....he is a player..him gordon and morris wouldnt be bad....at in whoever we get with the #2......i think for most of last year sutrain was hurt and when he was back..madison was hurt...so i think our d will be just as good with him gone...and since no team is offering..i would take LJ ...maybe throw a 4-5 in there and its all good

I lke LJ. You will get a lot of crap from others b/c they don't, but he does look like a good young back no matter what anyone says. (Don't give me its all the o-line either).

We would need more than him though.

UCFinfan said:
STRAIGHT UP???? ARE YOU KIDDING??? NO WAY. I would much rather keep Surtain, or try to restructure his deal.
\

We cant afford to restructure Pat. That hasn't even been an option. He wants more money.

Can we please put a moratorium on ridiculous trade threads?

Like I said, HYPOTHETICAL !!!!! I'm NOT pushing for it, just curious what you guys thought.

dolfreak said:
Like I said, HYPOTHETICAL !!!!! I'm NOT pushing for it, just curious what you guys thought.
It's r3tarded...and I think that is a solid general consensus, and obvious!

LJ and a 3rd, maybe a 4th, then i'd certainly consider it.

i wouldn't do the deal now tho, because i'm still fairly certain that we may get better value when teams become more desperate to acquire a top notch CB.

dolfreak said:

they should name it Bashheaven soon.... :rolleyes:

dolfreak said:
The Chiefs are still in the PAT SWEEPSTAKES......so If the Chiefs were to offer LARRY JOHNSON straight up for SURTAIN.....would u do it? Personally I wouldn't but at the same time it doesn't look THAT bad. He could fill our RB need giving us room to draft one of the top 2 WR's or top 2 QB's. This is just a hypothetical question so don't start posting vulgarities.

I think LJ and a 2nd or 3rd next year I would do. mikefan22 :D

In this day and age in the NFL, trades like this aren't uncommon. But I would like to get LJ and either a 3rd or 4th for PAT. Obviously right now PAt has way more VALUE than LJ.

Larry Johnson had a great season when he played. He played less than half a season, but he showed he did have the potential they thought he had when he was drafted in the first round. He's a big back, breaks lots of tackles, and has good breakaway speed. His numbers were impressive - over a whole season, his numbers probably would've looked like this:

320 carries, 1536 yards, 4.8 YPC, 22 TDs
60 receptions, 741 yards, 5 TDs

While the Chiefs offense is very explosive, I'd love to have a guy with numbers like that on the Dolphins. I still think this guy is worth a ton and he's only going to get better.

Back
Top Bottom