Surtain and Salary Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain and Salary Cap

poisonphin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know that this is not supposed to be here but Mods, can you keep this in the main forum for a few minutes so people can see this. I wanted to know that if we do trade Surtain how much cap room will we accually save this year? If you have any type of link that would be great also. Thanks

$8,383,000 that is his cap #. Its big, if we can move or even cut Davis Bowens that would translate to $10,500,000 + the $1,500,000 we already have that would be $12,000,000.00 now that is cap room.;)

Joey 22 said:
$8,383,000 that is his cap #. Its big, if we can move or even cut Davis Bowens that would translate to $10,500,000 + the $1,500,000 we already have that would be $12,000,000.00 now that is cap room.;)

It will be nice to have some breathing room with our cap. I'd like to see McMike get an extension this year so we don't have to worry about it next year.

$12,000,000 plus all the guys who dont make the 53 man roster should be more than enough to resign McMike and whoever Saban finds valuable + draft picks and a emergency cushion.

Celtkin said:
It will be nice to have some breathing room with our cap. I'd like to see McMike get an extension this year so we don't have to worry about it next year.

Exactly it would be nice to almost front load a one year contract if thats possible then next year at the start of FA we will have mad money. :cooldude:

Joey 22 said:

We dont save his entire cap#. We still have to count any portions of any bonuses already paid that have not been charged against our cap. So, you take out those bonuses and you are left with what we would really save...just under 6 mil

Joey 22 said:
$12,000,000 plus all the guys who dont make the 53 man roster should be more than enough to resign McMike and whoever Saban finds valuable + draft picks and a emergency cushion.

The current figures that show us under the cap by 1.5mil or so are based on the rule of 51. Only the top 51 salaries are counted in the offseason, meaning that the guys that don't make the final 53 man roster will have little effect on our cap.... unless of course some of the guys cut are in the top 51 and are either not replaced or are replaced with guys making less money.

Back
Top Bottom