Surtain and the cap? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain and the cap?

fishypete said:
Your forgetting the signing bonus....figure appx 10-12 mil for the 2nd pick easily.

The signing bonus is what can make the first couple of years of the contracts so cap friendly. Especially if, as in the past two or three years, they sign whomever to a 6-7 year deal with a large signing bonus.

Ozzy said:
The signing bonus is what can make the first couple of years of the contracts so cap friendly. Especially if, as in the past two or three years, they sign whomever to a 6-7 year deal with a large signing bonus.

Very true....but even with that....it will be at least 2-3 mil....and the point I'm trying to raise is....can the Dolphins afford that....without trading or dumping players. That 2-3 mil is just for one player....there's going to be more that has to be signed....adding them up to at least 5-6 mil.

fishypete said:
Very true....but even with that....it will be at least 2-3 mil....and the point I'm trying to raise is....can the Dolphins afford that....without trading or dumping players. That 2-3 mil is just for one player....there's going to be more that has to be signed....adding them up to at least 5-6 mil.

I would say that sounds about right, but remember that the cap only counts against the top 53 players. Somthing like that anyway.

Plus there are some players that can be cut.

Back
Top Bottom