Surtain/Buchanon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain/Buchanon?

Buchanon is 23 and under contract.

Pat is 28, has had a nasty knee injury and would require an 8 figure signing bonus along with a huge contract.

If we get a 2nd for Surtain, we should get down on our knees and praise Saban. Not only for restoring our 2nd round pick, but at the same time providing mucho salary cap relief to sign our rookies and maybe some June cap casualties.

still fins i agree that we should get two instead of one..Buchanon is young and havent truly proved himself yet

Ohio Fanatic said:
If we get a 2nd for Surtain, we should get down on our knees and praise Saban. Not only for restoring our 2nd round pick, but at the same time providing mucho salary cap relief to sign our rookies and maybe some June cap casualties.

:yeahthat:

Buchanon is a super star in the wrong situation, he has more pure talent than Surtain, much younger.

If DW were here he would have already done the deal for a 5th rounder. Of course he would not have traded him to begin with but rather resigned him to a new 35 mil contract.

Buchanon is no superstar. Wrong situation or not, he has not done squat. So IMO he has not done anything to merit the superstar label. Thus a second and a third for him is steep. It just proves that a second for Pat is definitely required. I'll give you not more than a second due to his age, but he is a proven pro bowl corner... In this league Corners can play well into their 30's. Look at Darrell Green, Deion, Rod Woodsen, etc...

he is cheap right now, but he will want the bis $$$ soon, so they will have to pay up to resign him soon

i think phillip buchanon has done well over the past few seasons, regardless of situation he is probably the best corner that the raiders had. for the raiders to get 2 picks for them, i believe the market price for surtain just rose. regardless of pats (knee injury??), its a degenerative problem in his knee. I think that he has proven that it hasn't influenced his play on the field because we all know how much of a playmaker he has and the abilities that he possesses. i for one, was never happy that we were trying to get a 2nd for him, thats just stupidity, thank god the market price for corners before the draft has risen. please saban say no to just a second.

although, i do like aj feeley, and i hope he can do the job; im starting to have my doubts. I still wish we had our round 2 pick, it would almost be like having 2 firsts dammit. i dont think aj feeley is worth a high second round pick. maybe a 5th or 6th at best. farking wannsweat and squealman, infamous organization wrecking duo.

i think the youth factor is the difference... and hes got a cheap contract for 2 more years... surtain for a 2nd is fine to me...

Buchanan is worth, alot more than surtain, no knocks against surtain, but age alone is the biggest factor, buchanan could play with them for another 7 years easily & surtain will be long since retired. Buchanan is also a good punt returner, has 3td's in 3 years, and makes big plays with 4 int returns for Td's in 3 years, his knock is inconsistent play, which could be corrected in the right environment.

philyphin said:
Buchanan is worth, alot more than surtain, no knocks against surtain, but age alone is the biggest factor, buchanan could play with them for another 7 years easily & surtain will be long since retired. Buchanan is also a good punt returner, has 3td's in 3 years, and makes big plays with 4 int returns for Td's in 3 years, his knock is inconsistent play, which could be corrected in the right environment.

Finally and objective inteligent post. I thought I would never see another one on this board.

philyphin said:

Even if he is worth way more than Pat, a second and a third is still a high price. This may set the table for getting a second and late round pick for Pat or maybe just a second. Either way, he is not that much better where he is worth what the raiders got and we don't even get a second for Pat.

canesfins13 said:
Finally and objective inteligent post. I thought I would never see another one on this board.
If you want 'objective' then drop your canes bias and look at it realistically. He has not done near enough to warrant him being a superstar. NOT yet. Maybe he will in a new environment. But this is a lot to give up for a maybe.

Back
Top Bottom