Surtain for Shelton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain for Shelton

Well, I don't know that we have enough quality tackles on this team, but I don't think Shelton is any better than what we currently have. That would be an awful trade, IMO. I'd rather keep Surtain than do that...

Gamble said:
An article in The Sporting News suggested we trade Surtain to Arizona for offensive lineman L. Shelton. That might not be a bad idea. Arizona needs a cornerback, Shelton would be an immediate starter on our line, it would mess with Buffalo who are trying to trade Henry for him, and it would help our salary cap. If nothing else maybe the idea of a trade would force KC to step up to the plate and make the trade.
No thankyou. Shelton isn't all that good. He may be an upgrade to what we currently have but not at the expense of Surtain. I'd much rather have the pick(s) and cap relief than an overrated Lonnie Shelton

footballer said:
Yea, I like Shelton more than KC's 4th...on anyday.
You're assuming thats what we would get for Surtain. I would rather keep him than give him up for Shelton.

theFreak41 said:
Well, I don't know that we have enough quality tackles on this team, but I don't think Shelton is any better than what we currently have. That would be an awful trade, IMO. I'd rather keep Surtain than do that...
McIntosh will start at LT and will be a ton better under Houck and being completly recovered. McDougle is an underrated run blocker who will start at RT. Carey may even play well enough to get some time in those 2 spots. and St Clair is a very good and versitle back up. I think we will be fine at tackle.:wink:

ItalianDolFan said:
u know me, im all about the offensive line. Id take Shelton for Surtain anyday..

Is it possible tho, that we never promised Damion McIntosh anything about LT. Maybe Saban said that in hopes to get other teams to think "okay, so they WONT take Alex Barron" then come draft day, we pick Alex Barron with our 2nd pick and SHOCK everyone. As far as LTs go, i like the guy from Auburn who is like 6 foot 9. Next year WE MUST draft him...forget Barron
Thank god you're not the GM :shakeno:

Hey J Tes.... In your picture who is that with Marino and McDuffie?

ItalianDolFan said:
yes, instead Rick Spielman is the GM who is CERTAINLY A LOT better. Trading our 2nd rounder for a 3rd string QB. Uh huh.
UMM Hes the GM by title, but Saban has last say. Oh and thats a great way to make trades. Speliman "well we only got Shelton for Surtain, but we've done worse." Saban " You've made a worse trade than that????" Speilman "Yeah, thats why you dont have a second to play with this year, and why you might be considering taking a QB at #2. Saban " So you're telling me if I use my #2 pick this year on a QB, i'm basically using my first two picks on the same position??" Speliman "yeah, like I said, we've done worse." Saban" Not WE, YOU'VE done worse, know get out of my office, you've been demoted to parking lot attended."Speilman" but coach..... :cry: " Saban "Dont let the door hit you on the way out :roflmao: "

Back
Top Bottom