Surtain Gets 7 Year, $50.8 million Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain Gets 7 Year, $50.8 million Deal

with 14 million in guarantees.

no way we could afford to keep him.
at least we got something in return (also cap room too 8.5 million freed up) for surtain instead of him leaving as a FA and we getting nothing.

I didnt think he'd get that money. Damn...I should have tried harder to make it in that league!

That is huge cash. Big money up front. I'm happy for Pat. I just hope A.J. avoids throwing to his side when we play the Chiefs this year.

I miss Pat, wish he could retire a Dolphin but if you look at the successful teams they know when to cut their ties. Wanny wouldnt have let this happen and we would be ok with it for a couple more years but each year would get progressively worse. Fact is that is going to be about 8 million we can spend on other players. That is alot of money. Not to mention how much that will be 5 years from now. Probably around 10.5-11 million.

As I said before too, all contract are longer than the contract is actually meant for. Adds bigger headlines and makes the agent appear better. Fact is this contract is more likely to be 5 years maybe even 4. I would guess 5 years 30 million. Last two years will either be restructured when they come up or they will just cut him.

Good for Pat. He did right for our organization and we were unable to pay him what he deserves. KC gets one hell of a player, but I think we probably had his best days in a fin uni. I wish pat all the best except when he is covering a fin. lol

FinsOnTop said:
Good for Patrick!!! If we don't get the ring, I hope he does.

AMEN to that!!! I'm really sorry to see him go. He deserved to retire a dolphin. I wish Speilman wouldn't have signed Howard to big money last year. GOOD LUCK TO YOU PATRICK SURTAIN!!!

death7star said:
with 14 million in guarantees.

no way we could afford to keep him.
at least we got something in return (also cap room too 8.5 million freed up) for surtain instead of him leaving as a FA and we getting nothing.

Well now it's up to Saban to hit a home run w/ the second pick. Otherwise we traded a pro bowler for nothing!!!

Back
Top Bottom