Surtain Prediction - Draft Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain Prediction - Draft Day

In any trade scenario, a late round pick will likely have to go to KC. That is just the way Carl Peterson operates. I'm not knocking him, I'm just saying he often needs one more nugget to go back to the KC fans and media to proclaim he got the best of the trade. It happened with the Trent Green trade and it'll likely happen here. If we're getting the 46, I wouldn't be too worried about giving up the 5th rounder. Besides, if we gave up our 5th, a 6th will likely be coming our way. I could live with that.

carlos3652 said:
Yea ok... like the chargers are going to give up that much for PS... :roflmao:

You got to be joking, the Chargers if interested would have been all over this in two seconds... Saban would be drooling... the fact of the matter is that NO ONE is wiling to give up their second for PS at this point.... The highest bidder so far has been the Chiefs with a 4, no one has done better, what makes you believe the Chargers would give up 2 #1 and their Second....:shakeno:

Fine then enjoy watching The Chargers with Brees, LT, Braylon and Surtain wipe you twice a year, the Raiders with Jordan, Moss, Woodson will also kill you guys dead and then Ill just laugh at Green, Shields and Priest retire with yet another 7-9, no playoffs season.

chub said:
Wow dude chill out. Reread what the dude said! Surtain and Braylon Edwards for 2 No.1's and a second. Its not that far fetched! For the chargers to trade up with out PS it would cost them that much, if anything its a steal for the Chargers!

I'm cool... But why would the Chargers trade up when they have 3 capable WR's dropping in there range @ 12, I highly doubt all good WR will be gone by that time...

Also for SD to trade for that #2 pick they will need to give up all thier 1st day picks - #12, #28, #61 and a 2nd rounder next year if you go by the NFL Draft Value Chart... :eek:

Im not sure anyone would do that to pick up 1 guy in this draft when this draft will be rich in the 2nd round...

And again... no one has offered more than a 4th... I am not denying we will probably fork out a 2nd... I think PS is worth it, but I dont see any teams filing lines to get this deal done - everyone knows Saban wants a second???? And still no one has come out and taken him...:confused:

SD would have pulled the trigger already if they were actually interested, 2nd rounder - no problem... but they havent...

Miami will not be able to get rid of the #2... its too expensive... ( in draft pick)

Joey 22 said:
Fine then enjoy watching The Chargers with Brees, LT, Braylon and Surtain wipe you twice a year, the Raiders with Jordan, Moss, Woodson will also kill you guys dead and then Ill just laugh at Green, Shields and Priest retire with yet another 7-9, no playoffs season.

No worries as we spank you next year with no offense, no defense and another sub .300 season...:shakeno:

The vikings with moss were awsome werent they... they made the playoffs in the NFC we should be worried...

Brees:roflmao: will go back to normal and be like Jake the Fake and LT will not run on our great run defense... we have pass issues not rush... and Surtain will do crap... did you watch us burn the best CB last year... whats his name Bailey??

Its cool man, I like saban and I like the dolphins, I just dont see the chargers getting PS...

carlos3652 said:
and Surtain will do crap... .

I hope you dont think I said PS sucked... He is a great CB, but vs the greatest offense (Indy, KC) he would have a hard time...

I want him on our team because he wil improve us greatly... I hope I make sense...

clear.gif

carlos3652 said:
No worries as we spank you next year with no offense, no defense and another sub .300 season...:shakeno:

The vikings with moss were awsome werent they... they made the playoffs in the NFC we should be worried...

Brees:roflmao: will go back to normal and be like Jake the Fake and LT will not run on our great run defense... we have pass issues not rush... and Surtain will do crap... did you watch us burn the best CB last year... whats his name Bailey??

Its cool man, I like saban and I like the dolphins, I just dont see the chargers getting PS...

How can you make a 7-9 team sound so good?:roflmao:

Joey 22 said:
How can you make a 7-9 team sound so good?:roflmao:

:wink: You are correct... I dont know maybe having the #1 or #2 Offense in the league and aquiring FA's to become #10-#20 in defense helps...

The games we lost last season were because of the Offense being mediocre in those games (defense was poor on every game except Atl and Ravens)

We beat:
Denver, Indy, Atlanta, Ravens and 7 of the 9 losses were by 1 score (8pts or less)

With a better defense (Bell, Knight, Surtain or Law) I think we have a good chance to go all the way this year or next.

I am a Chiefs fan, so I am hoping just as you are that your team does better...

Miami schedule is brutal... 6-10 season?

carlos3652 said:
:wink: You are correct... I dont know maybe having the #1 or #2 Offense in the league and aquiring FA's to become #10-#20 in defense helps...

The games we lost last season were because of the Offense being mediocre in those games (defense was poor on every game except Atl and Ravens)

We beat:
Denver, Indy, Atlanta, Ravens and 7 of the 9 losses were by 1 score (8pts or less)

With a better defense (Bell, Knight, Surtain or Law) I think we have a good chance to go all the way this year or next.

I am a Chiefs fan, so I am hoping just as you are that your team does better...

Miami schedule is brutal... 6-10 season?

Now you are finaly being coherent, I hope we can pull this trade for both teams good, we need a second and a 6th and you guys need a CB and come on how can you even count Law, they are just using him for leverage, he may come in cheaper than Surtain, but he is still going to ask for some 7 or 8 millions Bonus in a 3 or 4 year contract and when you guys notice he isnt better than McLeon that is gonna be a hard cap hit to cut him. The guy is 31 and cant WALK let alone cover Moss.

Carlos,

Good to see a Chiefs fan on board who is realistic. I'm hopeful your guys will come through with at least a second for PS. I don't know if Saban will hold out for a sixth rounder also, we'll see. I do think the trade will greatly affect how Miami appoaches the draft. I believe we'll take a RB early, but not necessarily with the #2 pick. Having a second round pick would allow us to take best player at #2, if we can't trade down, and take Fason, Shelton, Arrington etc... in round two.

Prediction:

Neither the Chiefs or Saban flinches and Surtain remains a Dolphin this year.

I think KC will up the ante to a 3rd and 4th....but not a 2nd. From all indications on this board, that will be unacceptable to Saban.

carlos3652 said:

CARLOS, you are officially very awesome in my book!

and i've said numerous times that 2nd + 6th round picks for surtain is very cool. kc can't draft well on day 1, but i like your scenario a LOT more than anything i conceived.

FrostyFinFan said:
Carlos,

Good to see a Chiefs fan on board who is realistic. I'm hopeful your guys will come through with at least a second for PS. I don't know if Saban will hold out for a sixth rounder also, we'll see. I do think the trade will greatly affect how Miami appoaches the draft. I believe we'll take a RB early, but not necessarily with the #2 pick. Having a second round pick would allow us to take best player at #2, if we can't trade down, and take Fason, Shelton, Arrington etc... in round two.

The issue that Miami has to realize is that they cannot trade their #2 overall... it is worth too many points (2600) in Draft Value.... the only teams that have enough points are the ones in the 3-6 range, and they would have to give up a 2nd, 3rd and probably a 4th to move up 1-4 spaces.... really not worth it in this draft when there really is no #1 guy...

I think you will get a 2nd rounder, just not our #46, I think we trade down in the 1st... worst case scenario we trade down in the 2nd and pick up a 3rd and give a 3rd, 4th/5th and 6th to you for Surtain giving the picks to Saban that hw wants, a first day and a couple of second day picks...

General Grimmac said:
and i've said numerous times that 2nd + 6th round picks for surtain is very cool. kc can't draft well on day 1, but i like your scenario a LOT more than anything i conceived.

Yea I think that is what is going to happen a 2nd/3rd and a 6th and 7th for Surtain and a 5th or 6th...

Saban gets 2 more picks + Day 1 pick and Carl gets his knob off by getting his 5th/6th rounder :cooldude: Everyone wins...

Carl will die in KC on draft day if this does not get done... I know the whole Chiefs Planet board will have a meltdown... (not that we dont have on every day for something new) :shakeno:

Good luck on D day... hopefully you wont have to wait 60-70 picks between your 1st and 2nd picks...

Back
Top Bottom