Surtain Prediction - Draft Day | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain Prediction - Draft Day

so-long-Ricky said:
Prediction:

Neither the Chiefs or Saban flinches and Surtain remains a Dolphin this year.

I think KC will up the ante to a 3rd and 4th....but not a 2nd. From all indications on this board, that will be unacceptable to Saban.

This worries me... Carl will burn on Draft day if it doesnt happen :fire: :yell:

This is Miami's current draft situation:
Overall Picks...
(2) (70) (104) (138) (216)

They look really bad especially because they will not be able to trade down to get more picks...

Saban will fry if Surtain stays a Dolphin with his Cap and no added draft... How is he espected to rebuild w/ tons of CB's and no new blood from the draft...

They will take a 3rd, 5th and 6th for Surtain so they can have options...

I think DJ falls to 15, we trade down in the second, pick up a low 2nd and a 3rd, give the 3rd to Miami and pick the BPA @ low 2nd and comp 3rd.

Would you as a Miami fan be ok with this option, or would you just keep Surtain and just have 2 Day 1 picks and 3 Day 2 picks with a tight Cap?

Or would the extra Day 1 and 2 extra Day 2 picks plus 8mill in cap room sound better...:cooldude: I think it sounds really good... ( Chiefs fan:wink: )

Personally I feel Surtain will be traded its just a matter of details. You said it we need the picks and cap space!

As for trading down from No.2 I think it is highly possible but if we do we will not get the value the chart indicates. I would trade from 2 to 5 with Tampa for there first and second picks. I know the chart indicates we should get more but the chart only works if a team truly covets a player. At 5 we can still get a playmaker and also select a possible playmaker in the second round. Add to that what we get for Surtain and itt could be a very good draft for us!

chub said:
Personally I feel Surtain will be traded its just a matter of details. You said it we need the picks and cap space!

As for trading down from No.2 I think it is highly possible but if we do we will not get the value the chart indicates. I would trade from 2 to 5 with Tampa for there first and second picks. I know the chart indicates we should get more but the chart only works if a team truly covets a player. At 5 we can still get a playmaker and also select a possible playmaker in the second round. Add to that what we get for Surtain and itt could be a very good draft for us!

If you can get good value for the #2 overall and a 2nd rounder or even a 3rd and combination of later round picks for Surtain this could be a very good draft for you guys. This is a pretty solid draft as far as talent from the late first to late third/early fourth.

Back
Top Bottom