Surtain Prediction - Draft Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain Prediction - Draft Day

carlos3652

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Chiefs will trade down on draft day to 24th overall w/ GB Packers... get their 59th overall in the 2nd and give that to Saban, maybe add a 6th or 7th to the mix... for a Miami 5th or 6th... So both sides win... Saban get his 2nd rounder + doesnt lose picks and Carl gets another 5th or 6th...

Green Bay has 2 2nd rounders and moving up 9 spots will help them get a early DE/DT that they need (Pollock, James, Merriman, Cody)...

I also see th chiefs trading their 2 5ths and the other 6th to get a high 4th round pick...

So chiefs will have on Day1 and early Day 2 (Rounds 1-4)

#59 to Miami

Either this or they might trade a 3rd round they would get from moving down only 5 spaces...

Do you think Surtain will be traded for anything on DAY 1 + DAY 2 picks or does it have to be a 2nd rounder???

I am over at Chiefsplanet so I know what our board thinks, can the Miami fanbase help me out... so I see both sides of the spectrum...

carlos3652 said:
Chiefs will trade down on draft day to 24th overall w/ GB Packers... get their 59th overall in the 2nd and give that to Saban, maybe add a 6th or 7th to the mix... for a Miami 5th or 6th... So both sides win... Saban get his 2nd rounder + doesnt lose picks and Carl gets another 5th or 6th...

Green Bay has 2 2nd rounders and moving up 9 spots will help them get a early DE/DT that they need (Pollock, James, Merriman, Cody)...

I also see th chiefs trading their 2 5ths and the other 6th to get a high 4th round pick...

#59 to Miami

Either this or they might trade a 3rd round they would get from moving down only 5 spaces...

Do you think Surtain will be traded for anything on DAY 1 + DAY 2 picks or does it have to be a 2nd rounder???

I am over at Chiefsplanet so I know what our board thinks, can the Miami fanbase help me out... so I see both sides of the spectrum...

It all sounds good to me except that we do get your 6th rounder, but you dont get our 5th.

Hard to say anything for certain, but I suspect it could be done for a 3rd + 4th, in a combination of years.

He'd definately prefer a 2nd, however.

Waiting until draft day is a bit risky on the Chief's end. Someone else with more first day picks could easily jump in and trump Carl's offer.

carlos3652 said:

#59 to Miami

I don't see the Pack doing it. There are plenty of guys who will fall to the Packers, and a second is not worth moving up that much in this draft. This is going to be one of the poorest first rounds in a long time, but one of the most talented second rounds. It would be a waste of a pick if the Packers made that trade, someone will fall to them in the first.

I think some deals are already being talked about and being kept secret but are waiting for developements as you say. I could see what your saying as happening, but I could also see someone making a deal with us to trade down so things will change. If we stay at #2, then your kind of deal is more likely to happen.

I think that the Chiefs will be on the clock at #46... and then we'll be picking.

A guy like Marlin Jackson would be nice.

Smithboy said:
Hard to say anything for certain, but I suspect it could be done for a 3rd + 4th, in a combination of years.

He'd definately prefer a 2nd, however.

Waiting until draft day is a bit risky on the Chief's end. Someone else with more first day picks could easily jump in and trump Carl's offer.

I dont think anybody can jump in... they will need to have at least 4-5 mill cap room for this year...

If they do not have that available I dont think they will be in the mix... that eliminates 3/4 of the teams out there...

I think that at least one more team will bid on Surtain just around draft time which will drive his price up. I see KC then giving up their #46 straight up for PS.

I think it's possible, but not probable...as someone else said above about the Pack. I think what you'll see is the talented CB's go off the board (Pac-man and Rolle) prior to the Chiefs #1 and they'll end up sending us their 2nd for Surtain. Infact...I think that something has already been worked out quite possibly. I can't see why Saban would sign Edwards prior to the draft because of the simple fact that he's not any better than Poole or Howard...so why negatively impact the perceived value of Surtain to the Phins? By adding another CB it makes it look like we don't count on Surtain returning...which leads me to believe that something is in the works already...if not done but not announced.

Just some thoughts.

carlos3652 said:
I dont think anybody can jump in... they will need to have at least 4-5 mill cap room for this year...

If they do not have that available I dont think they will be in the mix... that eliminates 3/4 of the teams out there...

Not the Cargers, you know, 2 first rounders, lots of cap space need for CB and WR, simply too many picks, some will not make the team, that many picks eat more cap room than Surtain, I can see their 2 firsts and their second for Braylon Edwards and Pat Surtain.

It serves both KC + Miami to wait and announce the trade maybe after R1.

Joey 22 said:
Not the Cargers, you know, 2 first rounders, lots of cap space need for CB and WR, simply too many picks, some will not make the team, that many picks eat more cap room than Surtain, I can see their 2 firsts and their second for Braylon Edwards and Pat Surtain.

Yea ok... like the chargers are going to give up that much for PS... :roflmao:

You got to be joking, the Chargers if interested would have been all over this in two seconds... Saban would be drooling... the fact of the matter is that NO ONE is wiling to give up their second for PS at this point.... The highest bidder so far has been the Chiefs with a 4, no one has done better, what makes you believe the Chargers would give up 2 #1 and their Second....:shakeno:

I am not saying Patrick is not worth a #1 pick, but no one has made that offer, because it would have been done by now

carlos3652 said:

You got to be joking, the Chargers if interested would have been all over this in two seconds... Saban would be drooling... the fact of the matter is that NO ONE is wiling to give up their second for PS at this point.... The highest bidder so far has been the Chiefs with a 4, no one has done better, what makes you believe the Chargers would give up 2 #1 and their Second....:shakeno:

And the Chiefs are low-balling, so what is your point? Your GM likes to think that he is in the drivers seat on this deal but he isn't. He can keep his 4th and watch Randy blow by his secondary all season long, it makes no difference to the Phins. You can bet that if forced to, we will find a way to free up space to keep Surtain. Mark my words, if your boy wants Patrick that bad (and believe me, you guy NEED him), he WILL give up his 2nd AND a late round pick and in return you will get Surtain and NO additional pick. Take it to the bank.

carlos3652 said:

Wow dude chill out. Reread what the dude said! Surtain and Braylon Edwards for 2 No.1's and a second. Its not that far fetched! For the chargers to trade up with out PS it would cost them that much, if anything its a steal for the Chargers!

Back
Top Bottom