surtain to arizona??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

surtain to arizona???

lilcubanphinfan

Batavia Bulldogs
Reaction score
just heard on espn sportscenter that arizona has now emerged as the new trading partner for surtain, although KC is still an option.

Second round pick, probably, which is what we've been pushing for. It makes sense; there was talk that they would pick Rolle at #8 and trade the second rounder for Travis Henry. Why not just flip those around and take a RB at #8 and trade the second rounder for Surtain?

If its a serious offer it should get KC off the fence.

CrunchTime said:
If its a serious offer it should get KC off the fence.

At this point, I'd still honor Arizona if they pony up the pick... even if KC finally got off their @$$. I'd do it simply to prove the point - "Don't screw with me".

I REALIZE bargaining IS bargaining... but, 4th rounder when a 2nd is FAIR... no sir, I'm not dealing with people like that. Either give fair considerations even WHILE bargaining or don't come at all.

And I'm sure the first words out of KC's mouth, once conceding to the second rounder....

(KC Front Office) ... "We'll give you NEXT year's 2nd" (once again trying to make us beg for it).

(Miami Front Office) ... (dial tone)

(KC) ... "Hello... Hello... They hung up. OH WELL, what's the MOST Randy Moss could hurt us anyway?" (chuckles in obvious concern)

Some people must be taught a lesson...

"BAD KITTY!" (cartmen)

NathanHunt said:
At this point, I'd still honor Arizona if they pony up the pick... even if KC finally got off their @$$. I'd do it simply to prove the point - "Don't screw with me".

I REALIZE bargaining IS bargaining... but, 4th rounder when a 2nd is FAIR... no sir, I'm not dealing with people like that. Even give fair considerations even WHILE bargaining or don't come at all.

Some people must be taught a lesson...

"BAD KITTY!" (cartmen)
:fire:

yeah but u also dont want to burn any bridges for the future with KC.u always want to be on everyones good side, and not start problems with anyone incase your guna need them in te future.

I would take Arizona's 2nd either this year or next for Pat.

From KC, if they offered their 2nd next year I'd make sure I got a 4th or 5th this year to go with it.

lilcubanphinfan said:
yeah but u also dont want to burn any bridges for the future with KC.u always want to be on everyones good side, and not start problems with anyone incase your guna need them in te future.

Let's look at your logic for a minute. KC NEEDS Surtain, I don't recall Moss being in the AFC East. KC has made a deal with Surtain. KC NEEDS us to concede to a lower pick so they can get the VERY CRITICAL piece to their defense while saving their premium picks to pick other players they NEED.

Last time I checked, I'm a PHINZ fan. I'm not a KC-To-The-Superbowl fan. KC NEEDS things right now and look how THEY are treating US. You want to "keep on their good side" because we might NEED something from them in the future?

Here's a lesson in life, treat others as you wish to be treated. KC is showing NO RESPECT for us when they are in NEED. You expect a gracious kind and giving hand when WE NEED help from them?

I think not. And as further proof, I'll refer you to last year when we NEEDED a RB. And offer their accord when listening to our trade ideas for one of their RBs. Payback's are a ...........

Respect is earned, not given. They haven't earned anything from us.

They are also showing Pat no respect by saying he is only worth a 4th. I'll tune in tomorrow morning and listen to see if AZ is really offering a second.

NathanHunt said:
Let's look at your logic for a minute. KC NEEDS Surtain, I don't recall Moss being in the AFC East. KC has made a deal with Surtain. KC NEEDS us to concede to a lower pick so they can get the VERY CRITICAL piece to their defense while saving their premium picks to pick other players they NEED.

Last time I checked, I'm a PHINZ fan. I'm not a KC-To-The-Superbowl fan. KC NEEDS things right now and look how THEY are treating US. You want to "keep on their good side" because we might NEED something from them in the future?

Here's a lesson in life, treat others as you wish to be treated. KC is showing NO RESPECT for us when they are in NEED. You expect a gracious kind and giving hand when WE NEED help from them?

I think not. And as further proof, I'll refer you to last year when we NEEDED a RB. And offer their accord when listening to our trade ideas for one of their RBs. Payback's are a ...........

Respect is earned, not given. They haven't earned anything from us.

I don't think they are disrespecting the Dolphin organinzation (just us fans). What Peterson is doing is what NFL teams are supposed to do...the best they can for their franchise. If they/he/Peterson didn't and simply gave us what we wanted from the word go....he'd/they be unemployed!....or demoted like Speilman was for overpaying for Feely last year. :(

Front office personel, in addition to putting a quality team on the field, also have to keep up certain perceptions that fans have. Once again I use the Wanny/Speilman coupling as an example...Wanny's gone and Speilman demoted and possibly let go after this draft.

That's a bit oversimplifying what happened to Wanny and Speilman but I think you might understand what I'm getting at.

Back
Top Bottom