Surtain to be dealt before draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain to be dealt before draft

Screw the Chiefs.

Pat Surtain is worth more than a 2nd rounder alone. Look at what Houston paid for a below average Phillip Buchanon.

KC will not part with their first rounder, and we are not trading Surtain.

Barring a trade with Washington or Arizona for their high 2nd rounder, we will keep the best corner in the league. And we'll all be thankful that we did come December when we need to take out the opposing team's number one threat.

Screw the Chiefs and their piddling 2nd round draft pick. they can rot in the AFC West and kick themselves for low balling the Phins and gettting stuck with no one to cover Randy Moss.

You lose Peterson.

miamirw said:
Screw the Chiefs.

Pat Surtain is worth more than a 2nd rounder alone. Look at what Houston paid for a below average Phillip Buchanon.

KC will not part with their first rounder, and we are not trading Surtain.

Barring a trade with Washington or Arizona for their high 2nd rounder, we will keep the best corner in the league. And we'll all be thankful that we did come December when we need to take out the opposing team's number one threat.

Screw the Chiefs and their piddling 2nd round draft pick. they can rot in the AFC West and kick themselves for low balling the Phins and gettting stuck with no one to cover Randy Moss.

You lose Peterson.

BOLD, very BOLD... I like!

if sirtain was under contract like Buchanon he would be worth more to teams

it is the Belichek model, the Patriots only trade picks for players with attractive contracts

Pat is obviously better than Buchanon but the big signing bonus hurts his trade value

the same thing applied to Ogun, if he had like 3 years left on his contact instead of being a FA we would have gotten 2 firsts for him

I'm not trying to be a d*ck but Pat is still a fin right? The reason I ask is that if we go by the way many people have replied to this thread and the title of the thread, it makes it sound likes he's already gone.

NO WAY we give Pat and a Pick for their 2nd rounder alone.....not only is it not worth it, it contradicts everything Saban has said, (not that we can believe everything he said, the caniving little devil that he is.....)

If we swap later picks, no way do we swap one this year for theres next year like:

our '05 4th for their '06 5th or suttin like that

Pat for their 2nd straight up, thats it.....

FinsFanatic said:
Pat for their 2nd straight up, thats it.....

and if you look what houston gave up for buchanon, we still get robbed, imo :shakeno:

Realistically, we can't afford to keep Surtain. We're going to need salary cap space to sign our draft picks. Looking at the Raiders' deal, a 2nd rounder would seem to be the minimum it would take to get Surtain. Maybe it will be a 2nd and a 4th.

saban_era said:

it is the Belichek model, the Patriots only trade picks for players with attractive contracts

Pat is obviously better than Buchanon but the big signing bonus hurts his trade value

the same thing applied to Ogun, if he had like 3 years left on his contact instead of being a FA we would have gotten 2 firsts for him

Good point. I think Buchanon's contract and his young age and ability to return kicks also factors into his getting a 2 and 3.

Buchanon IS only 24/25 years old though...and he returns kicks

HysterikiLL said:
Buchanon IS only 24/25 years old though...and he returns kicks
surtain only shuts down receivers , intercepts, and makes pro bowls...

saban_era said:

Seems to me the Patriots kept Ty Law around for quite a few years at about $6-8 million/year. He was injured all year and now he is gone.

You sound like a KC troll to me.

C'mon...give us that 46th pick overall...#14 in the 2nd round...you know what...if Pat "Certain" will "shut you down" leaves...I'm going to miss him big time.

I have mixed feelings about this...in one way I realize that it's a economic move...a business move because he has a big cap number and he's under contract for only 1 more year...so do we take the big cap hit this season? If Saban does not get what he wants for Pat...do we keep him...then franchise him next season or sign him long-term? We can use a 2nd round pick...but he's a Pro Bowl corner and he's still 28 not 38...man if he's gone...I will have mixed feelings...that cat could play ball no doubt.

I have always envisioned our boys on D...Taylor, Thomas, Surtain, Madison, and Tim-Bo hoisting the Lombardi Trophy together...I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Those guys have been the backbone of this team for a lot of years!!!

GO FINS!!!

mike_vee said:
surtain only shuts down receivers , intercepts, and makes pro bowls...

Surtain is also pushing 30...Buchanon's value is in his youth and his versatility.

Surtain has reached his ceiling of potential...Buchanon has not. Barring a catastrophic injury Buchanon will be around for years after Surtain retires.

We all know Buchanon doesn't cover like Surtain does, but there are other factors that play into it. Things such as money as well...

Back
Top Bottom