Surtain to be dealt before draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain to be dealt before draft

I figured the deal would come before the draft rather than after. :D

the answer is so easy:

we trade our '05 3rd and Pat for the Chief's '05 2nd and a '06 3rd

we get a '05 trade up and a '06 3rd for Pat, it's fair and palatable to both sides

saban_era said:
the answer is so easy:

we get a '05 trade up and a '06 3rd for Pat, it's fair and palatable to both sides

Wat about kc 2nd and 5th for surtain? sounds better

great news. now that it appears we will be getting our second rounder, and seeming as there has been so much discussion on our 1st round pick, dare i turn this into a thread on who we want with that second round pick?? i'll take david baas and slot him next to james and hadnot/carey at center.

dominizzo said:
Wat about kc 2nd and 5th for surtain? sounds better

There not even willing to give their 2nd straight up for Surtain. Mabey Surtain and our 5th next year for their 2nd, Surtain and a 2nd pick staight up would be a great deal for both sides, but it obviously dosent look like its gonna happen.

paskerbrandon said:
There not even willing to give their 2nd straight up for Surtain. Mabey Surtain and our 5th next year for their 2nd, Surtain and a 2nd pick staight up would be a great deal for both sides, but it obviously dosent look like its gonna happen.

I don't understand why you think the 2nd straight up deal can't happen. It seems me to Carl is/was just holding out in hopes that Saban would crack. If Saban doesn't crack then Carl sends the two over. I could see us trading a 2nd and a 5th but then having you guys send us a 6th so Carl can go to media and say he worked the deal so he could get the extra 6th rounder.

dominizzo said:
nublar do u ever sleeep lool woow man ur a wizard

He has all of the updates down pack...

I tried to keep up with him, it's not worth it lol... Just let him do his thang! :tongue:

I would rather get this than a 4th rounder or nothing at all

if we could afford to keep Pat then I would hold out for a 2nd, but we need to get Pat off the cap

Sarcastro said:
I don't understand why you think the 2nd straight up deal can't happen. It seems me to Carl is/was just holding out in hopes that Saban would crack. If Saban doesn't crack then Carl sends the two over. I could see us trading a 2nd and a 5th but then having you guys send us a 6th so Carl can go to media and say he worked the deal so he could get the extra 6th rounder.

we don't have a 6th rounder. we traded it to SD as a part of the david boston trade.

dolfancoolio said:
we don't have a 6th rounder. we traded it to SD as a part of the david boston trade.

I didn't mean it would be exactly how I wrote it out, but just that type of deal could happen. Substitute the Chiefs giving a 4th and the Dolphins giving a 5th, or Chiefs giving a 5th this year and the Dolphins giving a 5th next year. Anything that Carl could hang his hat on to the media.

Back
Top Bottom