Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23

305 LoCaL VoCaL

The Producer
Reaction score
I was watching sports extra early this evening on channel 6 here in miami and they had an interview with Pat Surtain they asked questins like how he felt being a chief and what was his reaction when he found out he was traded. he said one thing that hurt him the most was when he saw R. brown holding up his number, thats when it hit em he was no longer a dolphin, but he also went on to say that he respects saban and understands the situation at hand and y he had to be delt. After watching the clips of his plays and listening to the narration i almost shed a tear. IMO I feel that Surtain was one of the greatest corners not only in a fin uniform but in the league, and maby his number should be up there with Marinos and Csonkas, He will forever be remebered down here, it will be hard to see him pick of one of our passes next year i wouldnt know how to react. :cry:

It's true that he was great but his jersey should not be up there with Marino's.... why would you even think that??? :confused:

not now i mean eventually. think about it, name a corner in our past beside sammy thats can even spell surtain

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
not now i mean eventually. think about it, name a corner in our past beside sammy thats can even spell surtain

That's not the point, the point is what did Surtain do that even resembles what Larry and Marino did?

clear.gif
He had a great run. I really hated to see him go, but it was what was best for the team. Our cap situation is looking the best it's looked in a LONG time. Thanks for the run Pat, wish you the best of luck in KC. Nothing wrong with saying goodbye. :D

he was a great defender his prescence can never be equvalent to an offensive player but he deserve to be in fins hall of fame

Seriously, I HATED to see him go. In fact, I would not have minded dumping someone else just to hold on to him (don't ask who). He was good for us, but no where near the caliber of Marino or Larry.

Well the Dolphins only have 3 numbers retired, I dont know if Surtain deserved #4...If Surtain picks off one of our passes next year Ill do what I also do and blame the QB and curse and be pissed off...I still dont like that we had to get rid of Surtain but it was something the team had to do to get under the cap and acquire another draft pick...Surtain is still a top 5 CB in the league and the Cheifs got a steal giving up only a 2nd round pick

i'll pay my final respects... it will be tough watching you play without a fin uniform on - thanx for everything - a big fan

He's saying Pat was one of the best corners in the NFL today (which is true.) And it's a real shame to lose such a great player, and he was a true Phin in my book too. He really wanted to stay here, he loved it here. I recall him saying a benefit a couple weeks ago he had hoped on staying but it might not work out financially. You can't blame the guy the NFL is the a business and business comes first. I'm sure our whole Dolphin D is going to miss him too like Sam Madison, Zach Thomas, and Jason Taylor. Unless the MODS have something against this thread, I don't think it's wrong to just have a thread saying good bye. Surtain had a good run here in Miami, and he was one of my favorites. He's not a HOF'er but more of a franchise player that'll be remember and he had some pro bowl seasons here. Favorite surtain moment was last season against the Rams when he BAPTIZED Tory Holt. :cooldude: I'm sure there's probably going to be some people who are going to say he's gone just move on and forget about it... but that's expected. Alright I'm done. Later.

Favorite Surtain moment actually happens to be HIS favorite moment too:

Miami vs Oakland: Gannon throws a long ball to The Man Jerry Rice... it looked like he had burned Surtain but out of nowhere Surtain jumps up and makes an amazing one handed diving catch to pick off Gannon and OWN Rice. It was a great way to end all chances of Oakland coming back. Surtain, you will be missed buddy... have a great run in Kansas City and get to the Hall of Fame. Ronnie will do your number proud...

Pericles349 said:
Favorite Surtain moment actually happens to be HIS favorite moment too:

Miami vs Oakland: Gannon throws a long ball to The Man Jerry Rice... it looked like he had burned Surtain but out of nowhere Surtain jumps up and makes an amazing one handed diving catch to pick off Gannon and OWN Rice. It was a great way to end all chances of Oakland coming back. Surtain, you will be missed buddy... have a great run in Kansas City and get to the Hall of Fame. Ronnie will do your number proud...
I loved that! We were so good that year except for Ray Lucas. NO ONE could bate Oakland and they were on the biggest winnest streak but they lost two games. The Super Bowl to TB and to us (forget what week I know it was towards the end of the season) thanks to that Surtain pick because we were only up by 6. I loved that one-handed pick. :cool:

I know, although I'm one of those that think Ray Lucas could've been pretty good if we had given him the time. He played pretty well those last two games against SD and Baltimore (I think...). He had great mobility and had a rocket for an arm... oh well. I guess his 20 INT's in like 3 games probably merited his ousting...

Back
Top Bottom