Surtain wants raise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain wants raise

You know what, maybe it has been the long week at work, but I say screw these guys. Surtian is good and everyone knows it, but he signed the damn contract. He knew how long the terms were and what the pay was. Granted, a lot of football contracts are structured in a way to keep teams under the cap and come back to later, but it doesn't always work out that way. He has two years, at least get it to one before you start whining about it.

As for Ogunleye, I say we trade him to some crap team, even worse than the Bears. I say we drop him off at Arizona's doorstep and offer a heart F YOU as we drive away. I am just so sick of athletes being such prima donnas and whiny little b!tches.

The team approached him first and it looks more like offhand comments since they contacted him and then didn't say anything since.

J.T. was handed the 2nd highest contract of DE's in the league this offseason. Surtain should get his contract back in top 4 if he's going to save us some money right now. This could be the move that the team is looking for to sign Ogun/Chambers/McMicheal to extensions.

I think his comments were very professional. As of right now i would say he is going about this the right way. I think there is someone else on our defense that could learn from Mr. Surtain..

holy cow

1 Peyton Manning QB IC 15,357,333

thats a little excessive i think. hes amazing but how many great players could you get w/ 15 mil? 2 elite or 3 good ones. idunno, 400+ yards for four years is nice though.

dolphanjo said:
I think his comments were very professional. As of right now i would say he is going about this the right way. I think there is someone else on our defense that could learn from Mr. Surtain..

Wale's never made more than $375K (before light incentives). Surtain has made over $7 million in a season. His contract is gonna pay him big bucks this year too. So he's "been there" and is still "getting his". Pat got his first big money deal at age 24.

Wale is 26 and has two VERY good seasons (one excellent) on his resume. He's been in the league since 2000. And he's gotten better every single year. What else does he have to do to "get his"?? Break the sack record??

Again, I understand WHY he hasn't gotten his deal. It's not that the Phins don't want him. I'm just explaining "his side" of the argument in this thread (in reply to those who don't feel he deserves his money now).

I think we wait another year, it won't make a difference. He played probowl, 7 int's, huge plays, all that stuff, we know who he is, he has the stats to back him, another year can only hurt him, not help him.

Back
Top Bottom