Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
Okay, I just wanted everyones opinion on this.Im not sure if it has been discussed.(probably has, if so ignore this.)

Should he even play this week? I think the team matches up quite well to beat the Texans, even without him. I think they should allow him one more week to recover.We don't want him back before he's healed, or there will probably be problems down the road.What do y'all think?

If he CAN play he should. Even though we may not need him against the Texans, he can use the game to knock the rust off. If he CAN play but we sit him out just to give him another week, he will go into the Jets game not having played a game.

Anyway I don't think he will be fully heal this year.

I read an article yesterday about Terrance Shaw. He had the same injury when playing for us and it didn't heal until the year after.

I agree with Banks, he's got to get the groove back cause the Jet's game will be this team's first test plus it's on the road. However, we can't even look past this Texans game; this is what we were talking about during the offseason how the Fins need to close out games once they are ahead. No mercy baby!

There are no "off" weeks in the NFL. IMO, he needs to play if he can

If he can play he should play. thats why he gets teh big bucks. But i also think there may be times when he is out and they let fletch go at it. But the thing with preaseason injuries alot now is that players just stay out the whole preseason when they could have played a game or two in preseason, that is why i am always wondering about takeo spikes and his groin tear. they arenet saying anything about it. i think i will go to Bills .com to see. bye;)

Surtain needs to get up to game speed.

I'd like to see him play the first 3 quarters and if it's a blow out let Fletch come in. He said once his strength is fully back he'll be alright. So let's hope. .

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Anyway I don't think he will be fully heal this year.

I read an article yesterday about Terrance Shaw. He had the same injury when playing for us and it didn't heal until the year after.

Either I missed something.. or somebody isnt telling the truth.. I thought all along the injury to Surtain's knee occured long ago and was repaired this last offseason.. The most recent surgery was just to clean out debri in the knee..

Knowing from experience, an arthoscopic clean out takes no time at all to heal from.. I was up walking around without assistance the same day and the swealling went down with in days..

He did just get debri cleaned out.

It's his 3rd surgery in 2 years or something though.

I had arthroscopic knee surgery in November of last year. The doctor took out some bone(about the size of a quarter). My knee still isn't right, but I can do a small amount of running. I guess it just depends on how much cleaning out had to be done to Pat's knee.

Back
Top Bottom