He is the best CB in football
becuase
He gets alotta of INTs
Never gives up Big Plays
Shuts down his side of the field very well
Main reason Miami still had #2 Pass Ranked Defense w/ all of teh injuries
Smart Player
Fairly Young Compared to Law and other top Cbs

I like Surtain too but he definitely didn't get picks this year. The main reason we had that pass defense rank is because teams ran all over us.

Jaj said:
I like Surtain too but he definitely didn't get picks this year. The main reason we had that pass defense rank is because teams ran all over us.

I second that.......

Jaj said:

ints arent everything...if hes stopping the reciever from catching tds then im happy

CChambers7284 said:
he had 4 INts. Very good amount

That's ok for a top corner. The point isn't just picks, he got burnt way too much this year. He's still top 5 but it's very hard for me to say that he's the best CB in football.

I could argue your point. Surtains great, and i love him. But hes turned pretty damn greedy. He doesn't fit out 'team first' attitude that sabans putting together. Surtain wants big money, and i suppose he does diserve it. But i doubt he plays for miami this year.

he has the most ints in the NFL over the last 5 years. ANd he is known for being a shutdown corner not a corner who gets picks.

Wow, a rookie got 9.

people please. interceptions do not determine a players skills. Interceptions determine a teams overall defensive play. The defense line and the blitzing linebackers are the ones that dreate INT's. Like how the panthers 2 years ago were so dominating. They're corners were nothing to ride home about, their defensive line was the best in football though. So they got picks left and right.

Surtain is still very good, and I love having him on our team, but the fact of the matter is that we are most likely going to lose him one way or another. If we cant trade him then we get nothing for him when he leaves via free agency next year. If we could find a way to extend him that would be great, Im not sure how realistic that is though

surtain wants the $$$ he is good but not good enouhg 2 deserve over $10mil
signin bonus.....lets keep him for 1 more year if hes good we keep him if not get draft pickx

finsrule09 said:
surtain wants the $$$ he is good but not good enouhg 2 deserve over $10mil
signin bonus.....lets keep him for 1 more year if hes good we keep him if not get draft pickx

The problem is he only has 1 year left on his contract. So if we dont trade him now we cant trade him next year because he will be a free agent. Unless we franchise him, which I doubt happens.

CChambers7284 said:
We should NOT trade him unless we get at least a 2nd round pick

He is the best CB in football
becuase
He gets alotta of INTs
Never gives up Big Plays
Shuts down his side of the field very well
Main reason Miami still had #2 Pass Ranked Defense w/ all of teh injuries
Smart Player
Fairly Young Compared to Law and other top Cbs

Under that mindset, I wouldn't take anything less than a 1st rounder. I don't think any team will want to trade for him before the draft. He can get kinda expensive with his bonus and salary. Plus, there are good CBs elsewhere on the market like Ty Law, who teams can get without losing picks.

Back
Top Bottom