Suspension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suspension

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
Assuming Ricky comes back and signs his contract. Is he going to have to serve that 4 game suspension? Also, does the week 4 bye count as one of the weeks, meaning he could play in week 5 agaisnt Buffalo?

OG54 said:
Assuming Ricky comes back and signs his contract. Is he going to have to serve that 4 game suspension? Also, does the week 4 bye count as one of the weeks, meaning he could play in week 5 agaisnt Buffalo?

Yes he will have to serve his four week suspension. No the Bye week doesn't count.

OG54 said:

Yes he would still have to serve the 4 game suspension, and yes the bye week will count as one of his weeks. This will mean we will get two weeks to find the best way to fit him into the system. Actually concerning his benefit the bye could not have came at a better time.
There is still gonna be a contract battle. His agents has aready said he doesn't think RW will play for what the Fins are saying he is gonna make.

why does it not count? it says he may be suspended 4 weeks, that does not mean 4 games.

SCall13 said:
Yes he will have to serve his four week suspension. No the Bye week doesn't count.

Actually the bye week is a part of the 21 weeks of game checks. Therefore it WILL count as a part of his suspension.

OG54 said:

Officially, he has to...of course, the league and his agent/lawyer could reach some other agreement, but given the precidents that have been set, I would doubt that they would compromise the enforcement of the testing rules. With the issues involving steroids (although this incident is not steroids) and Congress and the other leagues...I would be surprised if they "let him off" with an easier penalty...

I think he'll serve the suspension. He'll miss three games, if I'm to believe what you guys are telling me.

so, this actually works to our benefit in a number of ways:

1. it gives ricky from now until 10/9/05, to get into playing shape.
2. it give ronniw brown the spot for 3 weeks
3. when ronnie brown hits the rookie wall, ricky will be there.

Its a FOUR GAME SUSPENSION. He won't be back until week five, remember Jamal Lewis last year?

Dolfan1000 said:
Scared, Losman?

:)

Nope, i just know cause it happened last year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3067390

There is also a chance that Lewis and the Ravens could decide to have the suspension enforced immediately, which would mean he'd miss Sunday's game vs. the Redskins and then the team's next game, following their bye, against the Bills. Normally the league doesn't suspend a player after a Tuesday because it does not allow a team to properly prepare for a Sunday game. However, if the commissioner hands down his decision Friday and Lewis immediately says he will not appeal, then he would be suspended for Sunday's game vs. Washington.

As far as Ricky's contract goes, he will only be paid for the 12 weeks of playing time, not 16, as per say he will only receive payment for 12 weeks of service, rather than 16 weeks too. This will lower his money against / toward the salary cap too.

TARHEEL38 said:
Actually the bye week is a part of the 21 weeks of game checks. Therefore it WILL count as a part of his suspension.

Ugh, no it doesn't. It's a 4 game suspension not 4 week suspension. His first game will be against Tampa not Buffalo.

byroan said:
Ugh, no it doesn't. It's a 4 game suspension not 4 week suspension. His first game will be against Tampa not Buffalo.

this adds to my point that much more, the suspension will give ricky from now until 10/16/05 to get into game shape, as well as giving us an opportunity to carry / develop an extra body during that time, since he will not be on the active roster.

Back
Top Bottom