T. Bowens Might Retire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T. Bowens Might Retire

The 4-3 2-gap DT/ 3-4 NT must be big, tough, durable, nasty, have stamina, and possess lateral quickness. If the Big DT/NT can not hold his ground, the defense is very vulnerable to runs between the tackles.

Vince Wilfork, We should have drafted him.

aqua vita81 said:
The 4-3 2-gap DT/ 3-4 NT must be big, tough, durable, nasty, have stamina, and possess lateral quickness. If the Big DT/NT can not hold his ground, the defense is very vulnerable to runs between the tackles.

Heck! that sounds like me--well actually maybe not lateral quickness :)

I've said it for a while now -- Bowens life now pretty much lies in Saban's hands. I 100% don't see Timbo going to another team if he is cut. I personally think Saban will talk it out with him and Timbo will retire before getting cut.

I also see Timbo working with this team for years -- in developing the D. Line etc.. considering he has a lot of experience compared to other personnel in those areas.

aqua vita81 said:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Carey was the need pick and, under Wanny and Rick, was always going to be the pick.

We need to get Traylor in here now... and maybe have a serious look at Manny Wright in the Supplementary Draft.

aqua vita81 said:

Hindsight is 20/20. We weren't running 3-4 when we drafted last year.

Damn, I'm going to really hate to see TimBo leave whenever he decides to retire... but we really need to pick up Traylor since we are so depleted at DT.

Dolphins might have been disregarding DT's importance for these several years(Dave's era). TimBo and Chester were very good players. However, their successor is not drafted. The result lack of planning.

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/dolphins.html

Shula
-1st round DT Tim Bowens
-5th round DT William Gaines
5th round DT Norman Hand
-7th round DT Corey Swinson

JJ
-1st round DT Daryl Gardener
-5th round DT Shane Burton
-5th round DT Barron Tanner
-2nd round DT/DE Kenny Mixon
-4th round DT/DE Lorenzo Bromell
-7th round DT Jermaine Haley

Dave and rick
2000 6th round DT Ernest Grant
2003 7th round DT Davern Williams

Saban
-7th round DT Anthony Alabi ⇒(edit)DT Kevin Vickerson

You really can't help but feel sorry for the guy, such is life I guess.

It's time...he just can't do it anymore. Besides he has an attitude. He won't be handled with kid gloves anymore. The sad story of the nfl...what have you done for me lately. He is clearly not the force he once was. Saban sees it. He will never coach here or help with the D-line.

It looks like his time is up. I'll miss him in there. When he was healthy the guy truly was a force in the middle. A lot of what Zach has done over the years is owed to the great work Timbo did up front.

Back
Top Bottom