T-buck Offered Minimum....should Sign Shortly. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T-buck Offered Minimum....should Sign Shortly.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello Everyone... Its just a matter of counting down the days now....as on JULY 25th....the real practices...will officially begin.

Most of all Dolphin personell people are taking their final vacation times....there really is not much going on at all right now.

However.....the main focus right now....is for the Dolphins to start signing up their draft choices. All draft picks have been made offers....but nothing is imminent as of yet.

The TERREL BUCKLEY watch is definately on...as far as him re-signing with the Dolphins. Buckley has indeed been offered the $750,000 veteran minimum.....but the PATRIOTS also have offered the exact same to T-BUCK as well.

Buckley lives down here in South Florida....and is a very good, and avid golfer. He has been hooking up with OLINDO MARE on the links.....and from what I understand.....if the Dolphins put in some interception/production bonus clauses in this contract....then T-BUCK will re-sign with the Dolphins. It appears that there is absolutely no rush in doing anything....until right up to camp reporting time....so I think in all liklihood...BUCKLEY will wait until the last minute to sign on the dotted line. I think its just about a 99.9 % done deal right now...that he does return. If the money is just about the same...which it is....there is no place like playing at home. And you cant play much golf up there in New England in December...anyways.

I am definatively hearing that ALONZO MAYES has been given his "last rights" so to speak. There are many in Dolphinland who beleve that MAYES got injured while playing in a pick-up basketball game at a local gym. If MAYES misses any camp practices coming up....he will surely be lost in the mix....and may never be ever to get back in any good graces with the coaching staff....who are definately at a lost for words....with the underachieving Mayes. Once again.....they have given this kid....every single line in the book...to get him motivataed to compete for the starting TE job. You would think that letting go veteran HUNTER GOODWIN....because they had this guy in mind...would have helped.....but it has not. MAYES..has pretty much one last chance to prove himself to this staff.....and if he misses any time in this upcoming training camp....he most likely will be a goner. Barring any upsets.....I would have to say right now.....that JED WEAVER looks like a mortal lock to start the season at TE. The develpment....or lack of....TE RANDY McMICHAEL will also play a major decision when the Dolphins ponder the future of MAYES.

Olindo MARE is more comfortable with MARK ROYALS doing his holding...and that does not bold well for the chances of rookie FA punter CASEY ROUSSEL on making the team. Like I said before.....unless ROUSSEL really out-kicks ROYALS during training camp and pre-season...I think that any ties will surely go to ROYALS.

I have heard that the coaches will let training camp begin without moving MARK DIXON to LT. From what I understand....the scrimmages against the TITANS will be a tell-all for both SPRIGGS and SMITH....as they will know a lot...and more than enough by then...to make a final judgement on where DIXON should be playing on that line.

TODD PERRY is a guy right now....being penciled in as a backup. Even if DIXON was moved to LT.....it appears that JAMIE NAILS would be the first option there...at LG. LEON SEARCY....barring any injury...starts at RG.

If T-BUCK resigns.......its going to be a tough cut for somebody. And I would think that could be Shawn Wooden. Even though T-BUCK woule be signed as an insurance policy for the young ones.....JAMAR FLETCHER and RAY GREEN....that would put down one of those extra safeties.

The Dolphins are continuing to work with the agents for RICKY WILLIAMS.....LEIGH STEINBERG and CO....on better communication. The Dolphins are not happy at all with STEINBERG.....for letting WILLIAMS' earlier on traffic tickets....(the ones he got in Louisiana)....go unpaid and get basically thrown under the rug. They want STEINBERG to get involved with all of RICKEY's needs right now.....and do whatever they can do to help RICKY get acclimated down here....basically to watch over him....as they know that RICKY definatley can use some guidance....and they just feel that RICKY's needs are not being attended to at the moment. Just last week....Ricky's agents called off an already committed.....public signing at a local mall...up in Coral Springs. There was paid advertising....and many people were very diappointed that RICKY....had cancelled this.....through his agents....that he could not come back to South Florida....because he had personal matters to atttend to in NEW ORLEANS. The promotor was comitted to paying WILLIAMS $30, 000 dollars for a couple of hours of signing.....and the promotor complained through the Dolphins front office...about this....I was told. It appears that the Dolphins and the agents for RICKY are playing a game right now......and all of this is going to come down to a showdown....when the DOlphins and his agents....start talking about a multi, mega-deal for RICKEY immediately after this season. The Dolphins want more guidance out of the offices of Steinberg.....and the Steinberg people just want to talk about a new contract first...then start guiding RICKEY better...after that is done. This is what seems to be happening...

DCH

thanks again DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

on T-Buck - great move to help win it all in 2002 if we can get him.

Considering our TE did nothing last year, I we can live w/Weaver as starter. That mean the Draper would get more PT as blocking TE or in Norv's O do we just live w/Jed's blocking ?

Sounds like a good game plan for the OL Smith deserves 1 last shot

This Fins vs. Steinberg tassle does not bode well for RW having a long stay in So Fla, but I am solely concerned w/the present and the 2002 season; and it sounds like so are the Fins

Great Report :cooldude:

39, you look like you're having an involuntary bowel movement. That, or you're blowing your load. :p

Originally posted by Muck
39, you look like you're having an involuntary bowel movement. That, or you're blowing your load. :p
dunno ask our OC ;) I'm much better looking :goof:

steinberg better get this stuff with ricky straightened out...the dolphins are in the drivers seat as far as a new contract is concerned...he still has 5 years left on his contract...i beleive they will give him a new contract after this year...as far as te goes i thought the dolphins should have gone after ken dilger...i can live with weaver as the starter...i would be happy to get tbuck back...i guess the coaching staff is doing the right thing in seeing what spriggs and smith do against the titans before making a decision on moving dixon...i believe the ol will be a lot better this year and whoever starts at lt will be an upgrade over spencer folau...

I don't think that we have a reason to give him a new contract just yet, and I really hope that Buckley comes back down here. :) Someone should remind him that Johnson is gone.

THE BENJAMIN'S!!!!

STEINBERG it's about "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!" He has so many high priced players he can get ALOOF with some of his clients!! HE SUCKS!!!

LEIGH STEINBERG!! Ladies and gentlemen, gets my "TURD OF THE WEEK AWARD!!"

:monkey: LEIGH STEINBERG

not to make an unfair comparison, but I thoghut the Fins should have hired a f/t bodyguard (aka babysitter) for Cecil Collins once he was annointed the starter; and I strongly feel the same way for Ricky. Ricky obviously needs a driver. Is that something the agent is responsible for ? Or the Fin mgt ?

Oh lord it's sad we need to babysit our starting RB. How the heck did Ricky make it through college?

Ricky is smart, he is just a bad driver and a little irresponsible. He went to a good school and graduated.

University of Texas is a good school in academics. It is also a big football player factory, but that doesn't mean that it can't be a good school.

Back
Top Bottom