T.O. misquoted in autobiography | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.O. misquoted in autobiography

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Terrell Owens says plenty in his new book. Except for one word he now claims he didn't say.

But making a big deal of an apparent misquotation -- despite the sentence being written in the first-person -- is the kind of media nitpicking Owens would lament in his 242-page book that mostly offers his side of two tumultuous seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.

In "T.O.", which debuted last week, Owens likens former teammate Donovan McNabb to a bully who spat in his mouth as a teenager while he innocently slept on a school bus.

The new Dallas Cowboys receiver also devotes pages to his perceived vilification in the press and described his quick comeback from a leg fracture in 2004 as, "If you'll forgive me for saying so ... nothing short of heroic."
But forgive him or not, Owens said Thursday during a book signing near the Cowboys' headquarters that it was "T.O." co-author Jason Rosenhaus who invented that particular phrasing.

Rosenhaus is the younger brother of Owens' agent, Drew, who Owens credits in "T.O." for the three-year, $25 million contract he got from the Cowboys in March. Jason often works with his brother on contracts.

"(Heroic) was one of the words that Jason used," said Owens, after signing his book for about 400 fans and collectors at a Wal-Mart near the Cowboys' headquarters. "... I can't say that I called it 'heroic."'

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/07/14/bc.fbn.t.o.sbook.ap/index.html

Back
Top Bottom