T.O. & Philly Dispute Can Help Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.O. & Philly Dispute Can Help Phins

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For once in his life, our friend Drew Rosenhaus might be doing the Dolphins a favor.

Rosenhaus met with Eagles management yesterday to discuss the contract of his newest client, Terrell Owens. Rosenhaus wants to renegotiate the contract, and ESPN's PTI & Around the Horn both have speculated that the Eagle's star receiver might be willing to sit out training camp--his only leverage to make sure something gets done.

Owens is a great receiver. But he's the only good thing the Eagles have at this position. (Don't even mention Stinkston). The Eagles probably are looking at WR in the draft anyhow, and the possibility Owens could be a continuing financial burden might make the Eagles more desperate to trade, possibly up to the number 2 spot in the draft, to grab a "sure-thing" WR.

As discussed earlier in this forum, the Eagles have the ammo to do it. The consensus here was that they wouldn't. Even if you still don't think we could pull off a deal with Philly, I think the T.O./Eagles drama is still worth watching over the next couple of weeks.

They would not trade up to us I don't think even if that situation occured. Without TO they did fine in the NFC championship game against a good Atlanta team and they will probably add a few role players to their team. They have the talent right now to go to the superbowl, they will give TO the money and if they were to trade up it would probably be to get Williamson or Clayton. Moving up to the No2 spot from 31 is a massive jump and would require a lot of their picks.

Even though Philly would have to give up a lot of picks to move up that far. i would hate to see fall from the #2 to the 31st pick in the draft.

It is a good thought, but I dont see it happening. I believe the Eagles have plenty to extend TO and I dont think he wants to rock the boat to hard in his new home to hold out for a long period of time. I have no doubt that they will look at WR in the draft, but moving up to #2 is giving up an awful lot when you already have TO.

The money spent on the number 2 could just be spent on the reneg. of T.O's contract

Dolfan2788 said:
They would not trade up to us I don't think even if that situation occured. Without TO they did fine in the NFC championship game against a good Atlanta team and they will probably add a few role players to their team. They have the talent right now to go to the superbowl, they will give TO the money and if they were to trade up it would probably be to get Williamson or Clayton. Moving up to the No2 spot from 31 is a massive jump and would require a lot of their picks.

They are a much better team with T.O then without. Plus the NFC is pathetic. If we were in the nfc last year we might have pulled out 8 wins.

LostInPatsLand said:
For once in his life, our friend Drew Rosenhaus might be doing the Dolphins a favor.

Rosenhaus met with Eagles management yesterday to discuss the contract of his newest client, Terrell Owens. Rosenhaus wants to renegotiate the contract, and ESPN's PTI & Around the Horn both have speculated that the Eagle's star receiver might be willing to sit out training camp--his only leverage to make sure something gets done.

Owens is a great receiver. But he's the only good thing the Eagles have at this position. (Don't even mention Stinkston). The Eagles probably are looking at WR in the draft anyhow, and the possibility Owens could be a continuing financial burden might make the Eagles more desperate to trade, possibly up to the number 2 spot in the draft, to grab a "sure-thing" WR.

As discussed earlier in this forum, the Eagles have the ammo to do it. The consensus here was that they wouldn't. Even if you still don't think we could pull off a deal with Philly, I think the T.O./Eagles drama is still worth watching over the next couple of weeks.

It's a good point, but I really don't see how they have the ammo to move up unless we want to work out a Corey Simon + #31 for #2 type trade.

That said, this combined with Mike Williams' apparently rising stock means they'd have to move up pretty high to assure themselves of Edwards or Williams. And they do have a very bright personnel staff, so maybe they could figure something out.

T.O is getting old and Philly has been close for 4 years now. If they ever want to win they need another offensive weapon. It doesnt seem to far fetched that the Eagles might want to trade up to get that player that might put them over the top.

The Eagles have these Day one picks. I could see trading Chambers or Booker for some of these picks.
Round 1: 31
Round 2: 35 (from Dolphins)
Round 2: 63
Round 3: 77 (from Chiefs)
Round 3: 94

Nothing against Chambers or Booker, the Fins need quanity as well as quality.

Why would we trade for T.O., he's close to 30 years old plus, we don't need a WR.

even if that situation did playout,philly wouldn't do that for at least two reasons 1. that don't have to move to 2 to draft an impact wr 2. the eagles dont believe in paying the signing bonus that comes with the no2 pick for an unproven wr (they can move to the teens and still grab somebody good, which is what i think they will do)

4 picks in the top 80 along with future draft picks...I think they have the firepower to move up pretty high if they really wanted to.

Joneal7 said:
If i was philly i would take Chris Henry in the 1st...

I doubt they will, with exception of T.O. (b/c of high level of production/no OFF the feild problems) the eagles pride themselves on taking high character guy and henry has some baggage...

Back
Top Bottom