T-Pain Only Did Dolphins Fight Song for $$$ ... I'm No Fan!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T-Pain Only Did Dolphins Fight Song for $$$ ... I'm No Fan!!!

That’s cool...but I’m pretty I can win this debate on substance...and you jumped right over the amazing Motown and Funk....not to mention the greatest rock bands ever! Music was never more important!

not to mention...the greatest selling acts ever are from that era!

I agree with you there but they actually evolved and stayed current with the times. For the most part I preferred their later stuff. Plus most of the hair bands had their greatest success after the mid 70's.

It's about the same as it's always been - mostly trash with some good stuff and the occasional moment of brilliance.

Really can't agree with this. Popular music has become much more homogenous in terms of composition over the past thirty years. mostly coinciding with the use of computer tools in the music industry, both in terms of market research and use in composition. Data scientists have actually looked at it and it's a chartable trend. And it's definitely intentional.

Of course, big music publishers paying off DJs to doctor the charts are another reason why the top 40 is comprised of nothing but trash. While payoffs are nothing new, it's become more and more absurd. IIRC Sony only got caught because some public opinion service polled music listeners and discovered that no one on Earth enjoys listening to Jennifer Lopez songs, which prompted some investigation and a whistleblower.

I agree with you there but they actually evolved and stayed current with the times. For the most part I preferred their later stuff. Plus most of the hair bands had their greatest success after the mid 70's.

hair bands weren’t in that era...that was the 80’s....I’m talking the Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd...and that is leaving out more great artist that I can possibly list here....there is no question when the greatest era in music was!

Nah. Music died a long time ago ... we just weren't around to witness it unfold. 1979 was pretty much the end. Then the 80s came and went scorched earth on the whole industry. Eat a dick, Culture Club.

And now ... mumble rap. Pop country. Auto tuned hacks that can't even write their own music. I rest my case.

I'm assuming Ross was the brain behind the fight song simply because it was a bad decision and he's incapable of anything else involving the Dolphins. Everything that buffoon touches concerning this team turns to ****. At least he's got his mindless minions by his side, supporting every catastrophic hit job he queefs out. Want more do you want in an owner? He spends money. He stays out of the way. Derp derp derp derp derp derp derp.
Absolutely....there are always exceptions in the current era and examples of good music....but the overall quantity of great music produced in the late 60’s and 70’s crushes the era we are presently in...don’t think too many musical historians would argue to the contrary.

Absolutely....there are always exceptions in the current era and examples of good music....but the overall quantity of great music produced in the late 60’s and 70’s crushes the era we are presently in...don’t think too many musical historians would argue to the contrary.

Everyone thinks a particular era of music is better than the previous. Taste in music, like any art, is so subjective, it is nearly impossible to determine one way or another. For example...music has gone downhill since the passing of Beethoven.

I have nothing against the music of any generation, whatever you can listen to put you in a great mood or has an appealing sound is fantastic. Zeppelin, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Nivana, some EDM person I am not familiar with...like what you like.

Also, why does it matter if T-Pain was paid money to make a song...I'm pretty sure that is his chosen profession.

Everyone thinks a particular era of music is better than the previous. Taste in music, like any art, is so subjective, it is nearly impossible to determine one way or another. For example...music has gone downhill since the passing of Beethoven.

I have nothing against the music of any generation, whatever you can listen to put you in a great mood or has an appealing sound is fantastic. Zeppelin, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Nivana, some EDM person I am not familiar with...like what you like.

Also, why does it matter if T-Pain was paid money to make a song...I'm pretty sure that is his chosen profession.

again... if you asked 100 musical historians...they would say the explosion of great musical creativity in the 60’s and 70’s crushes the last 20 years... not to say there are not good songs and artists today...I love the Imagine Dragons and Coldplay....but the quantity of the current era versus then is not comparable.

I’ve lived through all these eras...and love all kinds of music...And it’s not even close.

I had never heard of T-Pain...........now, sadly; I have.
As someone above mentioned, he's a sellout. Or worse, a whore.
Oh yeah.........the "song" remix sucks.

His version is terrible. I remember when they first played it at the stadium and they entire crowd started booing. This was awhile ago do they still play that **** version

His version is terrible. I remember when they first played it at the stadium and they entire crowd started booing. This was awhile ago do they still play that **** version
No they play the original now. It's kind of embarrassing to hear it after a score this season.

The only song I like that he's in is "I'm on a boat by the lonely Island ft. T-Pain" and that was in 2009 or whenever it came out. Just cuz it was fun playing it on the boat while trolling around.

No they play the original now. It's kind of embarrassing to hear it after a score this season.

You shouldn't assume. We still sing the song and dance after a score. FH is not your a-typical Dolphins fan.

Two stories from yesterday:
One guy walked around with paper back on his head. It lasted all but 10 minutes because he was mocked to no end:
"why are you here if you are embarrassed"
"go home you band waggon jumper"
"You have no clue"
"all for show"
(to keep it G-Rated)

We don't cheer incompletions or INTs by Rosen and boo when he throws a TD. It is the opposite.
For the first time one guy was standing and yelled "Tank for Tua". The subsequent boos in his directions from our section will be engraved in the brain of his son he took with him.

When you talk to Dolphins fans at half time hardly anybody is talking Tua. Most talk is:
- rebuilding year
- worry about the draft later
- let's see how the team develops (incl Rosen).

So, yes, while you may think that it is embarrassing we sing that song and dance when it is played after a TD.

You shouldn't assume. We still sing the song and dance after a score. FH is not your a-typical Dolphins fan.

Two stories from yesterday:
One guy walked around with paper back on his head. It lasted all but 10 minutes because he was mocked to no end:
"why are you here if you are embarrassed"
"go home you band waggon jumper"
"You have no clue"
"all for show"
(to keep it G-Rated)

We don't cheer incompletions or INTs by Rosen and boo when he throws a TD. It is the opposite.
For the first time one guy was standing and yelled "Tank for Tua". The subsequent boos in his directions from our section will be engraved in the brain of his son he took with him.

When you talk to Dolphins fans at half time hardly anybody is talking Tua. Most talk is:
- rebuilding year
- worry about the draft later
- let's see how the team develops (incl Rosen).

So, yes, while you may think that it is embarrassing we sing that song and dance when it is played after a TD.
I'm not assuming anything, I've been going to Dolphins games since the Orange Bowl in the early 80's. I know what that song is all about because I've sung and cheered along with it many many many many many times at Dolphins games. If I feel it's an embarrassment to play it this year then it's my prerogative not yours. Don't know why fans would have an issue with another fan wearing a bag over their head either, this has been going on for many decades in all of pro sports. And that doesn't make them a bandwagon jumper, I see them as dedicated because they still show up. It's funny, almost as comical as playing that song for the worst team in the history of football.

I'm not assuming anything, I've been going to Dolphins games since the Orange Bowl in the early 80's. I know what that song is all about because I've sung and cheered along with it many many many many many times at Dolphins games. If I feel it's an embarrassment to play it this year then it's my prerogative not yours. Don't know why fans would have an issue with another fan wearing a bag over their head either, this has been going on for many decades in all of pro sports. And that doesn't make them a bandwagon jumper, I see them as dedicated because they still show up. It's funny, almost as comical as playing that song for the worst team in the history of football.
That's the difference between going to games and cheering TDs and singing that song and cheering for failure and being embarrassed. Anybody and everybody can cheer and sing when times are good.
If someone is that embarrassed to be seen in the stadium why even go? Stay home. Will hardly be missed. That has nothing to do with being dedicated. It is for show. What did he do in the first half? Sat there when we scored our first TD feeling like a fool he is? Or taking the bag off and cheering looking like an even bigger fool?

Everyone I talked to yesterday is not embarrassed. For us it is rebuilding which has losses expected and our look is towards the future. Losing sucks, especially at home, but the embarrassment people "feel" here on FH from people who for the most part have never seen the inside of the stadium (not including you) and have very little invested - no. You have to look with a magnifying glass to find those people.

Back
Top Bottom