Taboo subject: Patrick Turner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taboo subject: Patrick Turner

I don't get how anyone could consider a player a bust, without even stepping onto the field. It has been stated by Sparano that the reason Turner didn't get active was because he wasn't a special teamer. All of our Wr on the active roster are apart of special teams. To compare him to Pat white is pretty pathetic.

He's developing slower than continental drift...he couldn't even get on the field for special teams.

He's not a bust (yet) but the fact that he couldn't get on the field is definitely a cause for concern. Does he still have time to develop? Absolutely. But he should have at least seen the field ONCE or TWICE by now.

I don't get how anyone could consider a player a bust, without even stepping onto the field. It has been stated by Sparano that the reason Turner didn't get active was because he wasn't a special teamer. All of our Wr on the active roster are apart of special teams. To compare him to Pat white is pretty pathetic.

I agree Pat White may not be the greatest comparison. The main point is he did not see the field last year. Regardless of special teams consideration. That is a big concern. Does that make him a bust??? Hell no!!! But the Miles Austin comparison is just as far fetched (Out of respect I will avoid pathetic). For every Austin there are numerous others that never produced. IMO

I agree Pat White may not be the greatest comparison. The main point is he did not see the field last year. Regardless of special teams consideration. That is a big concern. Does that make him a bust??? Hell no!!! But the Miles Austin comparison is just as far fetched (Out of respect I will avoid pathetic). For every Austin there are numerous others that never produced. IMO
The Miles austin comparison is a heck of a lot closer than pat white and turner. The only thing white and turner have in common is first name. My point is that just because a player doesn't see the field on his rookie year, doesn't mean they are as bad as a guy like pat white. Bringing up Austin was just an example of what could happen. I realize the possibility is slim, but it's more of a comparison that a player that has played (White), and sucked pretty hard doing so. To someone who hasn't played a down. Also, being a 3rd round pick, he's kind of on the bubble as to whether he's supposed to be an impact player his first season. and everyone knows he was probably drafted a little early.

The Miles austin comparison is a heck of a lot closer than pat white and turner. The only thing white and turner have in common is first name. My point is that just because a player doesn't see the field on his rookie year, doesn't mean they are as bad as a guy like pat white. Bringing up Austin was just an example of what could happen. I realize the possibility is slim, but it's more of a comparison that a player that has played (White), and sucked pretty hard doing so. To someone who hasn't played a down. Also, being a 3rd round pick, he's kind of on the bubble as to whether he's supposed to be an impact player his first season. and everyone knows he was probably drafted a little early.

So from what I can tell is... We agree on PAt Turner. We just went different ways to express this point. The Pat White comparison wasn't my point to begin with, and not even a direct comparison of players but rather situations.

We can both agree that the book on Turner is not close to being finished, and that 1 year, maybe 2 is not enough time to time make a final decision on his value as an NFL WR. But I am a little more concerned because he showed little life in year 1.

How sad a wasted second round pick on White and a wasted 3 rd pick in Turner it was not our greatest draft. We could have even picked up jarius Byrd before getting White.

Has developed slower than expected is the understatement of this season.

Third round pick and not being able to
play 1 offensive snap on a team with marginal wide receivers at best.

No one knows for sure but the fat lady
is just about to begin singing and it doesn't look good for Turner.

Does not bode very well for the young Mr. Turner.

Turner's ordeal reminds me a lot of the Ernest Wilford debacle in 08. No one seemed to know why he wasn't playing and no one was talking.

Then this year we have the Matt Roth thing. I'm not sure what the coaches/FO are dealing with when it comes to these players, but a little more transparency on these issues would be nice.

When Sparano was asked about Turner during the season, he always protected him by saying that he was really happy with some of the things Turner was doing. You can read that two ways, obviously.

I will continue to have faith in the trifecta, but if we take another step back next season I will begin to have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom